website statistics

Tennis Wimbledon 2017

dcro

11 hours ago, rybak said:

And now sad news, Hantuchova announced her retirement from tennis :(

I knew Hantuchova was good, but I had no idea she was in the top-100 for around 15 straight years :yikes::bowdown:

Considering that and considering how long she was in the top-50 or something, this is a bit of a sad end to her career, spending your last year playing qualifiers and low-level ITF tournaments. I guess retiring is better than trying to get back to the glory days :p 

40230be237.png

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

15 hours ago, rybak said:

And now sad news, Hantuchova announced her retirement from tennis :(

4 hours ago, heywoodu said:

I knew Hantuchova was good, but I had no idea she was in the top-100 for around 15 straight years :yikes::bowdown:

Yes, definitely one of our sport legends. Thank her we won the Fed Cup in 2002 when she as a absolutely unknown young girl destroyed everyone to bring the trophy.

Also she is one of the very very few Tennis players loving the Olympics, as she always said her biggest dream is to win the OG, unfortunately it didn´t happened in any of her 3 Olympics appearances 2004, 2008 and 2012.

I remember this Japanese interview video with the very young Daniela during Athens 2004 :d

1 hour ago, dcro said:

Lol, Konjuh almost managed to lose after having 4:0 and 0:30 in the final set. :lol:

Just see that Domi was 5-1 in the first set but it ended 6-7 :lol: Don´t really know what happened to her this year, but she is definitely far from the last year Cibulková :(

Anyway Congrats to Ana ! :cheer:

Middle Sunday is over, time for the 1/8 finals in the men's and women's tournament today :)

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Magdalena Rybarikova in the quarter finals :d :bowdown:

5 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Magdalena Rybarikova in the quarter finals :d :bowdown:

Magdaaaa :wub: wow what a fairytale, she was somewhere around millionth place in WTA and now recovered of her injuries she finally feel good and play her best careers tennis. I´m so happy for her, she is just so awesome... I´m really one of her great fans :rolleyes:

giphy.gif

btw nice to see you back among us dude :d