website statistics

Taekwondo WTF World Championships 2017

MHSN

7 hours ago, MHSN said:

now it's obvious that the "Olympic disaster" wasn't just an accident. there is something wrong with our Taekwondo ! they have great players, good coaches, good preparation. I just can't understand what's wrong ?!

today they even lost badly, not even close ! Mardani had hard time against Kazakhstan before losing to Mahama Cho ! and only 40-50 days ago our 4th tier athlete beat this Kazakh guy quite easily. we have depth in this sport probably more than any other country but for whatever reason our top athletes can't deliver results !

no chance for Erfanian, which means Hosseini tomorrow is our last chance to do something here. we have kimia in the last day but she was injured the whole year and didn't participate in a single match after Rio, I don't consider her a medal favorite this time.

why Asbaghi and Khodabakhshi are not here?

5 minutes ago, DaniSRB said:

why Asbaghi and Khodabakhshi are not here?

Well that's a long story, they both were in the national team wide roster, actually after the Rio disaster our men's team went through turmoil, they finally picked a coach couple months ago and apparently both of these guys have problems with him.

Greek Open was the trial for the Iran NT, they sent top 2-3 in each weight. Asbaghi moving up to 74kg lost in Greek Open, our other competitiors in this weight didn't win any medal but Hajji-Zavvareh withdrew by a fake injury (according to Asbaghi) coaches picked him.

Khodabakhshi also moving up to 87kg lost in Greek Open to Larin of Russia, our other candidate Rajabi in this weight also lost to the same guy (actually this Russian guy eliminated Rajabi today as well !) coach ordered an extra trial between Khodabakhshi and Rajabi but Khodabakhshi withdrew called it "unfair" because of double standards, Hajji 74 and Ashourzadeh 58 both were picked without winning the Greek Open. actually they picked Ashourzadeh (who had to withdraw because of Israel draw) over the Greek Cup gold medalist.

-------------

btw Asbaghi is now in Azerbaijan training with their national team. in Iran when you lose your position in the NT, you most probably will never get it back. and Azerbaijan with its Iranian coach always welcome them ! :mad:

56 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Well that's a long story, they both were in the national team wide roster, actually after the Rio disaster our men's team went through turmoil, they finally picked a coach couple months ago and apparently both of these guys have problems with him.

Greek Open was the trial for the Iran NT, they sent top 2-3 in each weight. Asbaghi moving up to 74kg lost in Greek Open, our other competitiors in this weight didn't win any medal but Hajji-Zavvareh withdrew by a fake injury (according to Asbaghi) coaches picked him.

Khodabakhshi also moving up to 87kg lost in Greek Open to Larin of Russia, our other candidate Rajabi in this weight also lost to the same guy (actually this Russian guy eliminated Rajabi today as well !) coach ordered an extra trial between Khodabakhshi and Rajabi but Khodabakhshi withdrew called it "unfair" because of double standards, Hajji 74 and Ashourzadeh 58 both were picked without winning the Greek Open. actually they picked Ashourzadeh (who had to withdraw because of Israel draw) over the Greek Cup gold medalist.

-------------

btw Asbaghi is now in Azerbaijan training with their national team. in Iran when you lose your position in the NT, you most probably will never get it back. and Azerbaijan with its Iranian coach always welcome them ! :mad:

wow, i did not imagine there can be scandals in taekwondo

+1 Olympic medal for Azerbaijan by naturalized athletes :facepalm:

2 hours ago, DaniSRB said:

wow, i did not imagine there can be scandals in taekwondo

+1 Olympic medal for Azerbaijan by naturalized athletes :facepalm:

There are always scandals when there are competition. and our taekwondo is pretty big, getting the NT spot is usually a tough thing to do.

yeah and that was one of those guys who didn't make the Iran NT in his first year when he lost narrowly to Khodabakhshi (when Khodabakhshi was dominating the world) Azeris offered him he didn't want to wait another year, and now he is an Olympic medalist and probably will be a world champion this Friday . even though I wish I'm wrong and someone beats him. that would be fantastic if Azerbaijan and their stupid arrogant coach leave the competition without a medal. that would be a bit of consolation for me :d

9 hours ago, MHSN said:

There are always scandals when there are competition. and our taekwondo is pretty big, getting the NT spot is usually a tough thing to do.

yeah and that was one of those guys who didn't make the Iran NT in his first year when he lost narrowly to Khodabakhshi (when Khodabakhshi was dominating the world) Azeris offered him he didn't want to wait another year, and now he is an Olympic medalist and probably will be a world champion this Friday . even though I wish I'm wrong and someone beats him. that would be fantastic if Azerbaijan and their stupid arrogant coach leave the competition without a medal. that would be a bit of consolation for me :d

:d

Hashem Hosseini secured Iran's 3rd medal here , dominating all of his matches, I believe he will be favorite for the gold tomorrow. good for him.

but we had a great run today by our girl which finished in a disastrous way. nobody counted on Parsa to win a medal but she was great and went to the QF after beating Raheleh Asemani ! (Iranian competing for Belgium) she was leading the whole match vs Glasnovic but she ran out of gas, with 30 seconds to go she fell on the floor and when the ref told her to stand up she simply didn't ! (without even showing or faking an injury) and as simple as that Refs called the match and she lost by RSC ! the score was 7-7 at the time. she could easily grab her leg, faking an injury and calling for the doctor to rest for 2-3 minutes. that was extremely stupid :(

18 saat önce, heywoodu said:

Not only that, apparently we also have a new user from Turkey, that's reason to celebrate! :clap:

I don't know taekwondo that well but after the semi's I was convinced Kudashova would win the gold, and during the final as well, until Agris came back :yikes:

Walkden - Galloway was a disappointing final, but Agris - Kudashova and Jeong - Artamonov were really a whole lot of fun :d 

:d thank you for the warm welcome 

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

Hashem Hosseini secured Iran's 3rd medal here , dominating all of his matches, I believe he will be favorite for the gold tomorrow. good for him.

but we had a great run today by our girl which finished in a disastrous way. nobody counted on Parsa to win a medal but she was great and went to the QF after beating Raheleh Asemani ! (Iranian competing for Belgium) she was leading the whole match vs Glasnovic but she ran out of gas, with 30 seconds to go she fell on the floor and when the ref told her to stand up she simply didn't ! (without even showing or faking an injury) and as simple as that Refs called the match and she lost by RSC ! the score was 7-7 at the time. she could easily grab her leg, faking an injury and calling for the doctor to rest for 2-3 minutes. that was extremely stupid :(

Maybe a lack of experience or something? 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!