website statistics

Men's Handball EHF European Championship 2018

VolleyRuller96

48 minutes ago, mihamiha said:

everything with rules,but judges must be fair to both teams.playback time 11 seconds back in look, how we started from centre.there were few germans around our man, but no voice from judge. also look the last german attack when they scored(there was foul in attack, but nothing??)

and then most important part of the rules.video analyse can choose official delegete of the game and not in this case german coach or players.

not to mention where german throved tovel in the floor and crucial 2m for kavtičnik (there wasnt foul)when we lead 4 goals, got 2 players our and germans equalized

Let me once again say, I didn't watch the match. I have therefore not seen the situation with the towel, but no doubt it sounds like a big mistake (I actually believe that it should have led to a disqualification and written report on the one who did so)

The Slovenia throw-off is slightly harder to judge. Usually people are allowed to be a little closer when it's clear that they are on the way back to the defence and therefore not planning to obstruct anything. One German player (Weber?) does turn around, most likely within 3 metres. It doesn't mean anything to the match and therefore it's pretty hard to judge as the ref. Had he in any way obstructed the throw-off (if the Slovenian player decided to shot at once) he would (and should) most likely be given the same as the Slovenian.

When it comes to the last German goal (in regular play), it does to me look like the defender moves a bit to the side just before the hit, making it seem right to me to give Germany a goal. But I'm not quite sure about that one.

I must admit that I don't know the rules about instant replays very well and therefore I cannot say whether that happened as it should.

And the suspension did absolutely seem wrong, but once again people don't understand that it only makes things worse complaining. No matter if the ref is right or wrong, it won't help complaining, either nothing happens or you get an suspension..

4 hours ago, mihamiha said:

our federation is right now deciding should our team go home.

handball rules should be changed,cause when judges are mentioned too many times,something is wrong with the sport

i heard that u lost also from Macedonia also cuz of referees decisions , i didn't see the match. well for sorry if u do so u might be banned for at least 4 years so it'd be a great loss for Slovenian handball 

3 hours ago, EselTheDonkey said:

The rule isn't idiotic. It admittedly might have seemed so yesterday, because Germany would never have scored another goal. But in general, it makes a lot of sense. If there had been six seconds time instead of two, blocks like these could be crucial.

The Slovenian players made a very dumb mistake. If they hadn't blocked the German players like these, they would have won.

Slovenian coach admitted in German TV, that he didn't know the rule. You can see the interview, here: http://www.sportschau.de/handballem2018/video-deutschland-gegen-slowenien---die-analyse-100.html

It starts around 6:06 minutes in and he's speaking English. But I don't know if the video is Geoblocked.

So if the coach doesn't know the rule. And some players didn't seem to know it either (or blocked the German one inspite of knowing the rule), it's really their own fault. And I would have said the same, if the situation were reversed.

He must have been sleeping then. Even if the 3m rule was new, the last change of the rules were 1½ years ago.

BTW, @mihamiha: I just found this explaining why nothing was done by the Slovenian throw-off: 

"Incorrect positions on the part of the defending players in connection with the execution of a throw-off, throw-in, or free throw must not be corrected by the referees if the attacking players are not at a disadvantage by taking the throw immediately. If there is a disadvantage, then the positions are to be corrected."

If slovenian team decides to retreat, Germany could still reach the next round with 4 points. :yes

Let's go Slovenia!

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

1 hour ago, Agger said:

He must have been sleeping then. Even if the 3m rule was new, the last change of the rules were 1½ years ago.

BTW, @mihamiha: I just found this explaining why nothing was done by the Slovenian throw-off: 

"Incorrect positions on the part of the defending players in connection with the execution of a throw-off, throw-in, or free throw must not be corrected by the referees if the attacking players are not at a disadvantage by taking the throw immediately. If there is a disadvantage, then the positions are to be corrected."

once again.if you play hard or push player when he goes from center,then you get 7m,but if you are just in the way,you get 2min and opponent must go from center once again.