website statistics

Men's Football UEFA European Under 21 Championship 2017

hckošice

1 minute ago, OlympicsFan said:

You have to be U21 when the qualification starts. UEFA wants that the same players who play the qualification also play the final round and if you are 20 at the start of the qualification you will probably be 22 at the tournament itself. The alternative would be to start the qualification with U19 players, so at the tournament itself everyone is really under 21. But then the U19 qualification would be for 16 or 17 year olds and the U17 qualification would be for 14 or 15 year olds ...

As far as I know in all age group tournaments in any other sport, when call it Under XX, players are under that age for the final tournament. not the qualifiers. the easiest solution is to simply calling the tournament U23 which makes more sense but I know UEFA enjoys to be "unique" and takes weird decisions.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Dont embarrass yourself ... who exactly celebrated?

Germany reached the semifinal without 11 of their best players. I didnt see anyone celebrating, but if they did, they had every reason, England for sure is beatable.

yeah. congrats you must be proud of your big football nation. you deserved the qualification.

and yes they celebrated after the game. the whole team jumped after the final whistle with huge smiles...nothing new for German football just like in 1982.

but let it be I´m done with this..who watched the match know what I mean..congrats and good luck in the final games.

Unbelievable :woot::ITA  is still alive !!!

Back with on the pitch with the best players and won the match (Germany save their spot in SF...) 

Italy reach the SF thanks the "big help" from the :hatoff: Danish team (won against Czech)

Will  be against Spain :fingers:  let's go!!!

Not much chance in appealing to UEFA when it is their stupid rules that allow for this kind of thing to happen. I really dislike these "best runner-up" rules just like we also have in FIFA World Cup qualifying where the second placed team with the least points don't even get a play-off. It is highly unjust, because the best groups usually have many teams who take points from each other and so the second placed team finishes on fewer points than a second placed team in a crazy easy group.

Many rugby competitions are equally annoying in this regard.

Ok guys, I already said that for me this matter is closed and I really don´t want to return to this topic anymore. What happened happened. The match was fixed. and both teams advanced.

So this is my last post about this.

to @Gianlu, Dude, I respect you a lot as a very good, important and honest user and a very good friend here, and I understand that you support your team, this is normal, but in this case you are wrong.

Everyone who followed this game know what happened. Even MHSN from Iran who has nothing to care about Slovak football or so immediately after the game send a post mentioning what happened. the 2nd half of the match Germany-Italy was a clear farce and a huge fuck off not only to us but to all "small" unimportant football countries.

Oh yes, I did understood everything already when the Italian players entered the field before second half and started to speak with the Germans and showing them signs with hands "Calm ! we are both in" and it was how the 2nd half has been played. Nothing, any single attack, any single try to play, only passing the ball from left to right and back, no one attacked the opponents passes.

The only moment when they started to play was when the Czechs equalized, yes from this time Italy played a nice football with great actions and shoots, but immediately when the Danes scored the 3rd goal, suddenly the game stopped ! absolutely nothing, any single attacking move, any single shit.. Why the whole stadium started booing and whistling ?

Really, even the German coach and players admitted after the game that it was played only in order to qualify and using the situation, the whole world knew that, only the Italians somehow are still defending themselves, c´mon you really think that you would have beat Germany 1-0 and they will not show you any resistance ? No, trust me Germany let you win 1-0.

That´s all, I´ll not return to this topic, for me it´s closed. Maybe I (we) just need some time to pass this. For now, me and as I read in the comments in many forums, many football fans not only in SVK lost their respect to Italian and German football.

to @Dareza question about the players after EC:

Tears, frustration, anger, feelings that we´re just some garbage waste, despair, hopeless, misery and once again tears

1 hour ago, hckosice said:

Ok guys, I already said that for me this matter is closed and I really don´t want to return to this topic anymore. What happened happened. The match was fixed. and both teams advanced.

So this is my last post about this.

to @Gianlu, Dude, I respect you a lot as a very good, important and honest user and a very good friend here, and I understand that you support your team, this is normal, but in this case you are wrong.

Everyone who followed this game know what happened. Even MHSN from Iran who has nothing to care about Slovak football or so immediately after the game send a post mentioning what happened. the 2nd half of the match Germany-Italy was a clear farce and a huge fuck off not only to us but to all "small" unimportant football countries.

Oh yes, I did understood everything already when the Italian players entered the field before second half and started to speak with the Germans and showing them signs with hands "Calm ! we are both in" and it was how the 2nd half has been played. Nothing, any single attack, any single try to play, only passing the ball from left to right and back, no one attacked the opponents passes.

The only moment when they started to play was when the Czechs equalized, yes from this time Italy played a nice football with great actions and shoots, but immediately when the Danes scored the 3rd goal, suddenly the game stopped ! absolutely nothing, any single attacking move, any single shit.. Why the whole stadium started booing and whistling ?

Really, even the German coach and players admitted after the game that it was played only in order to qualify and using the situation, the whole world knew that, only the Italians somehow are still defending themselves, c´mon you really think that you would have beat Germany 1-0 and they will not show you any resistance ? No, trust me Germany let you win 1-0.

That´s all, I´ll not return to this topic, for me it´s closed. Maybe I (we) just need some time to pass this. For now, me and as I read in the comments in many forums, many football fans not only in SVK lost their respect to Italian and German football.

to @Dareza question about the players after EC:

Tears, frustration, anger, feelings that we´re just some garbage waste, despair, hopeless, misery and once again tears

@hckosice i respect the Slovakia's football and their player but i see a lot of organized results in my life, we call it biscuits (Euro 2004, Euro U21 2015), but not now please. I know, in the last 10 minuts Germany don't play, but hey, it isn't our choice. Btw, i'll respect your don't want speak about this but good luck for our team in future...

And for @bestmen, i think that you don't deserve any replay after the post about womens in sport.