website statistics

Men's Road Cycling UCI Giro d'Italia 2017

heywoodu

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Federer91 said:

The Sky Giro curse strikes again. 2 for 1 this time. 

Thank you, motorcyclist who decided to park his bike right on the side of the road in a place where, according to several riders, it was nearly impossible to avoid a crash. Obviously Kelderman was the first one to fall, because if there's a crash, Kelderman will join the party, but sadly it was nowhere near his fault this time plus he took some others out with him..

On the upside, Landa lost whole a lot of time and already showed some will to attack this Giro, so he might be up for a mighty ride on the Mortirolo/Stelvio stage :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

19 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Tour of California starts today by the way :cheer:

In fact, stage 1 has gotten underway around half an hour ago. Without Axeon Hagens Berman, Axel Merckx's team, which is just as stupid as Androni not being in the Giro. 

Yeah, how do Cofidis get invited here. They seem to get into many races. :d

This year king Sagan doesn't have it on a plate. So many sprinters are here it would be a nice battle for stages. :p

Once again Kittel shows who is the best sprinter in the world :bowdown:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Ugh, again this talk about non-GC-riders having to save energy in today's Giro ITT :mad:

Belgians are mad as fuck that LottoNL-Jumbo apparently won't let Victor Campenaerts go full-power, which would be a real shame since a top-5 is a very good possiblity for him given his ITT shape this year. I'm guessing they won't let Jos van Emden go full-power neither, so that's a shame, especially considering Kruijswijk is not in that much of a perfect position anymore. Besides, last year they let Roglic go at 100% (winning the stage) while Kruijswijk was at a better position than now..

I'm guessing Sky will do the same with Kiriyenka, so it'll be up to the GC riders for today mostly. Dumoulin, Jungels, Pinot, those guys. I'm going for Jungels as the winner, Pinot in 2nd, Dumoulin in 3rd. 

Non-GS rider Dumoulin to win the stage, put 2 minutes on Quintana and take the pink. :p Time to see if Nibali is ready to fight with Quintana. If he can't take back at least 30 seconds, things would be looking gloom for the italians.

2 hours ago, Federer91 said:

Non-GS rider Dumoulin to win the stage, put 2 minutes on Quintana and take the pink. :p Time to see if Nibali is ready to fight with Quintana. If he can't take back at least 30 seconds, things would be looking gloom for the italians.

Yeah I've been calling Dumoulin a non-GC rider ever since that Vuelta where he almost lucked to the win, including this entire Giro so far, but he sort of started to prove me wrong on Blockhaus :d (although the likes of Stelvio and Mortirolo are still a whole different ball game)

I think the pink is going to Pinot today, but I don't think Quintana will be far behind. On a good day he has a very decent chance to get a top-10 and not lose much more than a minute or something. 

Campenaerts :rofl:

"Carlien, wanna date?" and then he rides off in a speed even I can easily keep up with :p 

That's a shame, he really could fight for a great result.