• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

These flat stages bore me :sleep: We need some action in the Giro :bounce:

Tomorrow seems a bit comparable to yesterday :cheer:

giro-ditalia-2017-stage-8-1493202635.jpg

And Sunday we're going to the hell of the Blockhaus, that's going to be very painful for some :d 

giro-ditalia-2017-stage-9-1493202688.jpg

giro-ditalia-2017-stage-9-1493202738.jpg

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Tomorrow seem like the perfect stage for one Diego Ulissi, if he was in the Giro :whistle: There is usually no problem with the italian wins in the Giro, but this year i think won't be that rich for them. Certanly the sprinters won't contribute to the cause.

26 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Tomorrow seem like the perfect stage for one Diego Ulissi, if he was in the Giro :whistle: There is usually no problem with the italian wins in the Giro, but this year i think won't be that rich for them. Certanly the sprinters won't contribute to the cause.

Especially when Nizzolo is sort of sick, that's not helping.. 

For tomorrow I wrote down 4 names:

Michael Woods (in a bunch sprint)

Alexander Foliforov

Rui Costa

Giovanni Visconti (if Nibali feels alright and let's Visconti attack :p ) 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

26 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Especially when Nizzolo is sort of sick, that's not helping.. 

Honestly, when it comes to Nizzolo, he won't win even if he was in prime shape, as seen the last 2 years. Such a disappointment he has been. He got the points jersey, because all other dropped out and he was the only one that finished the race. An Europe Tour sprinter for me..

Today's finish is in Peschici, meaning it's not a good idea to win there looking at history :p

In 2000, Danilo di Luca won, before testing positive for doping around 497 times in the years after that.

In 2005, Franco Pellizzotti won, before being suspended because of blood passport irregularities.

In 2008, Matteo Prima won, before being suspended 4 years for being the doping supplier of Emanuele Sella in that Giro (you know, Sella who won several stages and, surprise surprise, wasn't clean).

So by the looks of it, an Italian will win and in doing so, prepare himself for being caught :p