Round 1 Singapore 

Men's SemiFinal :-  Srilanka Vs Thailand

China Vs Singapore

Top 3 teams move into the Round-2

Women's is a Round-Robin Format - Top 2 Move into the Round - 2

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go

• 4 months later...

The road to India/England 2018 has started a while ago (before the olympics actually) with the early rounds of FIH world league. Currently the first european stages are underway.

Lots of debutants in both gentlemen and ladies, especially from Asia. The most "exotic" additions seem to be on the men's side: :BRU:CYP:ECU:PAN:QAT:SOL:TGA  Some of them never before I had even seen playing this sport. 

The Prague rounds of world league are over and the qualifier teams decided... In men's the home team is surprisingly eliminated at the expense of lower ranked Ukraine and Italy (the latter with a bunch of argentine players in the squad).

In women's no real surprises as Czechia, Ukraine and Poland advance, though the "surprise" in this case would be Poland (the highest ranked team of all round 1) having trouble to beat the likes of Lithuania and even losing to Ukraine.

Next up is....

- Glasgow tournament (only for men), where the home team :SCO should win. Second quota looks open between :POR:SUI and :WAL. Completes the field :SVK for which just participation will be the achievement.

- Accra tournaments for african teams (men and women)... where :KEN men and :GHA women should take the only place in round 2.

- Antalya tournament (only men) in which :AUT should destroy the competition, second place and round 2 quota will be fought between :OMA:TUR and curious debutant :QAT which I suspect will maybe have some pakistani/indian/malaysian reinforcements.

On 06/09/2016 at 11:05, LDOG said:

Next up is....

- Glasgow tournament (only for men), where the home team :SCO should win. Second quota looks open between :POR:SUI and :WAL. Completes the field :SVK for which just participation will be the achievement.

- Accra tournaments for african teams (men and women)... where :KEN men and :GHA women should take the only place in round 2.

- Antalya tournament (only men) in which :AUT should destroy the competition, second place and round 2 quota will be fought between :OMA:TUR and curious debutant :QAT which I suspect will maybe have some pakistani/indian/malaysian reinforcements.

Qualifiers for Round 2:

Glasgow: Surprisingly :WAL won the tournament. :SCO won the other quota. 

Accra: :GHA won quotas in both the men and women tournaments. 

Antalya: :AUT won the tournament. :OMA came second. At present Wiki is showing the tournament as having only one Round 2 quota but I think it is a mistake and there should be 2 quotas for this tournament. 

On 6. 9. 2016 at 07:35, LDOG said:

The Prague rounds of world league are over and the qualifier teams decided... In men's the home team is surprisingly eliminated at the expense of lower ranked Ukraine and Italy (the latter with a bunch of argentine players in the squad).

In women's no real surprises as Czechia, Ukraine and Poland advance, though the "surprise" in this case would be Poland (the highest ranked team of all round 1) having trouble to beat the likes of Lithuania and even losing to Ukraine.

Next up is....

Great to see slovak flag in this sport too :) There any news in the medias about it..so I want just to ask..Did we actually qualify for this qualification tournament from a previous round or it´s the first round and we was just invited ?

13 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Great to see slovak flag in this sport too :) There any news in the medias about it..so I want just to ask..Did we actually qualify for this qualification tournament from a previous round or it´s the first round and we was just invited ?

invited.

It's not so much of an "invitation" but more like any member federation of FIH can participate in world league as long as they pay the entry fee I think.

Next stop is in :FRA (only for ladies) with the home team and :AUT:RUS:SUI:WAL. 3 spots to take, I'd say it should be very close between them but with Switzerland as outsiders (first time they participate in women's IIRC).