Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Sign in to follow this  
dcro

Track Cycling UCI World Championships 2017

dcro    2,663

Great time for Vogel/Welte in women's team sprint.

Unfortunately, the first thing that comes to my mind when I hear about these two is their London 2012 gold... That competition was quite pathetic.

heywoodu    3,204
8 minutes ago, dcro said:

Great time for Vogel/Welte in women's team sprint.

Unfortunately, the first thing that comes to my mind when I hear about these two is their London 2012 gold... That competition was quite pathetic.

Care to find one or two sentences to refresh my memory? :p 

dcro    2,663

Oh, so Belarus doesn't get a re-run after falling in men's team sprint. Didn't know that rule is only for certain nations.

dcro    2,663
1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Care to find one or two sentences to refresh my memory? :p 

Relegations left and right. :p China set WRs in both qualification and first round. Great Britain was also faster than Germany in qualification.

First Germans got into final after GB's relegation, and then they won gold after China's relegation. In the final round they were also slower than Australians that won bronze medal match.

So that was gold for Germany despite not having the fastest time in any of the rounds. :p

heywoodu    3,204
Just now, dcro said:

Relegations left and right. :p China set WRs in both qualification and first round. Great Britain was also faster than Germany in qualification.

First Germans got into final after GB's relegation, and then they won gold after China's relegation. In the final round they were also slower than Australians that won bronze medal match.

So that was gold for Germany despite not having the fastest time in any of the rounds. :p

Luckers :d 

heywoodu    3,204
5 minutes ago, dcro said:

Oh, so Belarus doesn't get a re-run after falling in men's team sprint. Didn't know that rule is only for certain nations.

They're not in the live timing as DNF anymore, like a few minutes ago. Maybe they do get a re-run? 

Edit: Fairly sure they'll get another chance. 

Edited by heywoodu

dcro    2,663
2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

They're not in the live timing as DNF anymore, like a few minutes ago. Maybe they do get a re-run?

Edit: Fairly sure they'll get another chance.

Australians also got screwed. They almost ran over Belorussian who was still down on the track. No gun was fired.

dareza    626

in women's team sprint only 4 nations is able to win medal.

stamura84    10

:mumble::mumble:there is something strange.....am I dreaming? first medals and Italy on top of the podium :bounce::bounce::bounce: thank you Rachele BARBIERI

heywoodu    3,204
1 minute ago, dareza said:

no final for Germany :lol:

Not funny :mad:

dareza    626
Just now, heywoodu said:

Not funny :mad:

Russians had great tactics. Who cares for qualification round, this round were important. And it seems that German girls lost too much energy in Q.