Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Sign in to follow this  
heywoodu

Track Cycling UCI World Championships 2017

dcro    2,269
13 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Italy, Switzerland, Australia and Great Britain to go and if two of them are faster than the Dutch, it's over for :NED. Not a lot of chance for us :d 

Suppose it's high time for the Dutch to completely focus on some shady engineering. :d

heywoodu    2,717

And another gold medal chance gone for Great Britain, I can already almost touch my prediction contest points :hearts:

heywoodu    2,717

Although Denmark screwing up is rather unfortunate for said points. 

heywoodu    2,717

It's only qualifying and the Australians are barely half a second slower than GBR's world record :hyper:

Quasit    135

I don't agree with the British policy not caring about World Championships. Might have as well just stayed home. :d

Agger    326
27 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Although Denmark screwing up is rather unfortunate for said points. 

Just read that it was a puncture.

uk12points    373
16 minutes ago, Quasit said:

I don't agree with the British policy not caring about World Championships. Might have as well just stayed home. :d

I agree with you, but looking at the team they've sent we can't expect much. Most of the big names are taking a year out. The real test will be to see how Callum Skinner and Katie Archibald do.

Dragon    219
29 minutes ago, Quasit said:

I can understand sending a weakened team for this year.

Next year there should be no excuses.

Dragon    219
1 hour ago, dcro said:

Yup, they are going to be nowhere until Tokyo, when suddenly some technology will get them 80% of gold medals.

This time last year the British Federation were very worried about getting good results in Rio - but they always said that a new generation would be ready for Tokyo and possibly be better than ever before.

heywoodu    2,717
12 minutes ago, Dragon said:

This time last year the British Federation were very worried about getting good results in Rio 

I wonder if that was some sort of tactic to somehow try and get a bit in some sort of underdog role :p 

I mean, everyone pretty much expected them to turn up with their supersonic stuff and dominate once more :d 

dcro    2,269

Great time for Vogel/Welte in women's team sprint.

Unfortunately, the first thing that comes to my mind when I hear about these two is their London 2012 gold... That competition was quite pathetic.