website statistics

Athletics IAAF Diamond League 2017

heywoodu

52 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

:yikes: Was there some strong wind or something. This is so unexpected.

I don't think there were very special conditions to be honest. It's not like Röhler hasn't shown before that he's capable of very big throws, although this is a bit different level all over :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I can't not notice several black sprinters from Japan in Diamond League. Is this the way that Japan is preparing for 2020 Olympics? It's getting pathetic when host nation always naturalising athletes from elsewhere.

10 minutes ago, Bearas said:

I can't not notice several black sprinters from Japan in Diamond League. Is this the way that Japan is preparing for 2020 Olympics? It's getting pathetic when host nation always naturalising athletes from elsewhere.

no. both have Japanese parents. Actually both have mother from Japan. Father of Cambridge is from Jamaica and Brown is from Ghana.

Edited by dareza

3 hours ago, Mkbw50 said:

Eurosport still not showing it

God forbid we miss Giro d'Italia, for goodness sake! Thanks guys!

I saw a video on Twitter with the Eurosport 2 logo...

Eurosport doesn't have the rights here, so here they won't show it of course (plus Giro d'Italia going ahead of a 'regular' athletics meet is not so weird). 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Luvo Manyonga, from athlete to drug addict to athlete to drug addict to regular 8.60m+ jumper :bowdown:

• 4 weeks later...

Overall the line-ups for tomorrow's diamond league in Rome are pretty weak, but women's 5000 m could be really fun. Personally i am pretty excited for women's 1500 m, it is the first time Konstanze Klosterhalfen competes in the diamond league and many think that she is ready to run sub 4 (after her 14:51 5k and 1:59 800 m solo runs earlier this year). Sadly Kipyegon and Muir withdrew, so Hassan might be the only one able to run sub 4 and i doubt that she will be willing to make the pace for Klosterhalfen, so it seems pretty unlikely that it will be a sub 4 pace and instead more of a tactical race with a winning time somewhere between 4:00 and 4:02.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.