website statistics

Athletics EAA Indoor European Championships 2017

Jur

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So many unexpected medals :yes

Anyway, I'm the happiest about the medal that whole Lithuania has been waiting and expecting by Airinė Palšytė :clap: This is also Lithuania's first ever gold in Indoors :evil:

Thanks for all supports and congratulations. A huge result and totally unexpected medal for us, unbelievable success. Congrats to Volko.

unfortunately I can not entirely celebrate and enjoy this historic moment. because just at same time as he run the final, we had a huge tragedy in our family and my stepfather passed away tonight. very very sad evening for me and especially my mom...maybe during next days I´ll not be so much online and will not post everything as I did...but I´ll try my best to post at least the essential things when I´ll find a few of time.

Thanks for your comprehension

Too bad Kilty was there again messing up the fun, but awesome to see Volko (honestly, I had never heard of him..) take the silver :yikes:

And that 21.97m for Bukowiecki, damn :d :lol:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, Pavlo said:

Bukowiecki now changed to...carrot ;)

Did I miss something or is Bukowiecki really saying eating carrots is his new 'thing'? :d 

It sounds like our Dafne Schippers and her magical vegetables :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Akani Simbine became the first south african sprinter to run sub 10 (9.93 s) and sub 20 (19.95 s) at 100/200 m the same day and i think there are not too many guys in history running sub 10 and sub 20 in their career. 18 year old Clarence Munyai from South Africa ran 20.10 s (200 m) recently and is now the 5th fastest U20 athlete ever, only 0.17 s away from Usain Bolt's junior world record. South Africa is extremely impressive in mens sprint (100/200/400 m) and it also shows in mens long jump. I dont know what happened in Rio with their relay, but if they dont completely mess up in London, they should win a medal with Simbine, Jobodwana, Van Niekerk and one of their young guys (Munyai, Leotlela). I think we have very exciting times ahead and the american/jamaican dominance might be ended by Japan/South Africa. GB, Canada, Germany and China also should have pretty fast relays for the next couple of years, so mens 4 x 100 m relay might be one of the most competitive events in athletics and probably all sports.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

9 hours ago, hckosice said:

Thanks for all supports and congratulations. A huge result and totally unexpected medal for us, unbelievable success. Congrats to Volko.

unfortunately I can not entirely celebrate and enjoy this historic moment. because just at same time as he run the final, we had a huge tragedy in our family and my stepfather passed away tonight. very very sad evening for me and especially my mom...maybe during next days I´ll not be so much online and will not post everything as I did...but I´ll try my best to post at least the essential things when I´ll find a few of time.

Thanks for your comprehension

You have my deepest condolences :(. And don't worry for the forum, it isn't the priority now 

2 godziny temu, heywoodu napisał:

Did I miss something or is Bukowiecki really saying eating carrots is his new 'thing'? :d 

It sounds like our Dafne Schippers and her magical vegetables :p 

it was an irony joke but part of it was deleted although parts of German jokes about Bukowiecki are not being deleted

as always here...german provocateur is favorized. No.....by carrot i thought of....sth like in Monty Python...and i`m still sure that also some German athletes like "carrots" :)

Edited by Pavlo

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it