website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2016 Replay Videos

• 3 weeks later...
On 21.5.2017. at 14:45, Griff88 said:

I don't think this really help but on Youtube they said that the events will be slowly uploaded to Olympic Channel website

Nothing from it. Almost one year passed but only few events are fully uploaded.

They have uploaded some events but shortened. Like the men's road race (cycling), they put up a 15 minute highlights video which was actually some guy saying for 5 minutes 'Here we are in Rio it's sunny now it's cloudy now it's sunny again, this is the cycling and we are in Rio and look there are cyclists and it is not raining and we are in Brazil and did you know we are at the Olympics!!!1!!1' and then it shows the start and the final 200m..... :wacko::wacko::wacko:

Edited by Melonade

i wonder when all the full event videos from london were uploaded, i remember around sochi time they were already there, so maybe few more months? i had a lot of fun going back watching event by event from london between sochi and rio. I did manage to save a very large amount of videos in 4k (about 5 tb) but still missed some

Edited by Maxim Fastovsky

3 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

though i just realized that sochi doesnt have any official full events uploaded either, only london or vancouver, so i guess it's not going to happen :(

I think London was different from Rio because a lot of events were streamed live on YouTube in some African and Asian countries where tv rights had not been sold. So probably full replays were always there but not available outside of those countries, and a few months later they simply removed the geographical restriction.

On 12. 6. 2017 at 18:30, Melonade said:

They have uploaded some events but shortened. Like the men's road race (cycling), they put up a 15 minute highlights video which was actually some guy saying for 5 minutes 'Here we are in Rio it's sunny now it's cloudy now it's sunny again, this is the cycling and we are in Rio and look there are cyclists and it is not raining and we are in Brazil and did you know we are at the Olympics!!!1!!1' and then it shows the start and the final 200m..... :wacko::wacko::wacko:

Here the full race replay https://www.olympicchannel.com/en/playback/cycling-road-mens-road-race-rio-2016-replay/