website statistics

Summer Universiade 2017

George_D

Recap of Slovak athletes competing in Day 7

In Athletics

Men´s

200m

Our first medal in this edition. Ján Volko was supposed to be the leader of our delegation and this 20 years old guy showed that he can stand the pressure, after missing the 100m bronze by 0.03 seconds this time he presented a great finish in the final meters to win a great bronze. Congrats man. In the semifinals he won his semi with 20.82 and advanced to the final, 2 hours later he won our first medal with a time of 20.99

Šimon Bujna finished 7th in his semifinal with 21.46 and did not qualified for the final

5000m

Peter Ďurec eliminated in the heats. He finished in his heat 11th with a time of 14:51.36 and failed to qualify for the final

20km Race Walk

Dominik Černý finished 14th with 1:36:10 and Miroslav Úradník DNF the race after 18km.

Women´s

200m

Alexandra Bezeková presented her careers performance here qualifying to the todays final and she really was not far of a medal. finishing 4th in the final with 23.70

High Jump

Tatiana Dunajská (the Miss of the games), qualified to the finals as last 12th qualified thanks her result 1.70

Hammer Throw

Veronika Kaňuchová competed in the final and finished 10th with 63.14 from her 1st attempt.

Heptathlon

Originally we expected to have 2 athletes competing, unfortunately Stanislava Lajčáková because of injury had to retire from the competition and DNS today, so our only representative here became the young Lucia Mokrášová, she is currently 9th after 4 events with 3071 points (her todays results 5th in her 100m Hurdles heat with 14.93, 1.59 in High Jump, 12.69 in Shot Put and 26.09 in 200m)

In Golf

Michal Brezovský is 36th after 3rd round with 223 (+7) in the men´s category, Natália Hečková is 27th after 3rd round with 229 (+13) among womens

In Tennis

Ivan Košec/Simona Parajová won in the 3rd round of the mixed doubles over Gajewski/Jegiolka of :POL  6-1, 6-4 and advanced to the quarterfinals

In Table Tennis

Jakub Figeľ lost also his last match in his preliminary pool of the men´s singles this time to Wong Ka-Ho of :HKG  2-3 (-9, 11, 5, -8, -9)

and here our first medal

image.jpeg

Spoiler

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

14 hours ago, juddy96 said:

Women's 20km Race Walk

Gold :UKR Inna Kashyna 1:39:44

Silver :CHN Zhang Xin 1:41:18

Bronze :FIN Elisa Neuvonen 1:42:50

Men's 20km Race Walk

Gold :JPN Toshikazu Yamanishi 1:27:30

Silver :MEX Julio Salazar Enriquez 1:28:20

Bronze :JPN Fumitaka Oikawa 1:30:11

Apparently there was also medals for Teams in Race Walk, although they're not on the results site.

Men's Team 20km Race Walk
Gold :JPN
Silver :MEX
Bronze :UKR

Women's Team 20km Race Walk

Gold :UKR
Silver :CHN
Bronze ???

The nominative registrations for rhythmic gymnastics are finally available, and am I disappointed... Russia will easily take gold and silver in all of the the individual events with Bravikova and Selezneva . Bronze medals are literally up for grabs. Trubach (BLR), Lu (USA), Bogdanova and Kalema (EST) are the only names that ring a bell for me. I also recognize the name of both Mexican gymnasts, but I doubt they can challenge for a medal. I'd be very happy if Estonia finally gets a major medal in rhythmic gymnastics for the first time ever. Fingers crossed. Other than that, a very disappointing field. I knew we couldn't expect much, but this is a lot worse than I thought it would be...

Edit: Any Ukrainians here? I'm curious about the Ukrainian gymnasts, even though I've heard nothing about them before.

Edited by thiago_simoes

6 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

The nominative registrations for rhythmic gymnastics are finally available, and am I disappointed... Russia will easily take gold and silver in all of the the individual events with Bravikova and Selezneva . Bronze medals are literally up for grabs. Trubach (BLR), Lu (USA), Bogdanova and Kalema (EST) are the only names that ring a bell for me. I also recognize the name of both Mexican gymnasts, but I doubt they can challenge for a medal. I'd be very happy if Estonia finally gets a major medal in rhythmic gymnastics for the first time ever. Fingers crossed. Other than that, a very disappointing field. I knew we couldn't expect much, but this is a lot worse than I thought it would be...

Edit: Any Ukrainians here? I'm curious about the Ukrainian gymnasts, even though I've heard nothing about them before.

It's normal that we have a poor entry list here, WCh are coming :cheer: 

3 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

This is why I said I knew we couldn't expect much, but I'm still disappointed. No gymnasts from Bulgaria, Italy and Israel... :(

Well, we don't sent athletes in any sport... only some in acquatics, a football italian 4th division team and an athletics team. So, i'm not surprise about it :p I hope that for Napoli 2019 we'll send a big team..