website statistics

Summer Universiade 2017

George_D

3 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

Oh well, it's a shocking results too :p Here Siragusa and Stecchi are considerated the biggest fail of the Italian Athletics Federation, the wrost sporting federation in Italy :d 

Well sadly it wasn't all great for Stecchi as he pulled up injured attempting 5.50 and didn't take his last attempt

Recap of Slovak athletes competing in Day 8

In Athletics

Men´s

4x100m

Our relay Šimon Bujna, Roman Turčáni, Denis Danáč and Ján Volko finished 3rd in 1st heat with 40.69 and did not qualified for the final

Women´s

Heptathlon

Lucia Mokrášová finished the Heptathlon in 9th place with 5009 points (her todays results 5.32 in Long Jump, 35.04 in Javelin and 2:27.99 in 800m)

In Badminton

Matej Hliničan our only representative lost in 1st round of the men´s singles to Tang Hoi Kit of :HKG  12-21, 18-21

In Golf

the last 4th round being cancelled due weather conditions the final rankings of our athletes are 36th Michal Brezovský with 223 (+17) in the men´s competition and 27th Natália Hečková with 229 (+13) in the womens event

In Rhythmic Gymnastic

Xénia Kilianová is 16th after 2 events with 27.800 (She finished 17th in Hoop with 13.850 and 14th in Ball with 13.950) and Jana Duchnovská is 35th after the first half of the individual All-Around with 20.100 (She finished 35th in Hoop with 9.700 and 33th in Ball with 10.400)

In Tennis

Ivan Košec/Simona Parajová won in the Mixed Doubles their Quarterfinal over Muzaev/Pivovarova of :RUS  6-3, 5-7, 10-7 and advanced to the semifinals, they are assured to medal, since both losing semifinals teams will take the bronze medals.

In Table Tennis

our men´s doubles Jakub Figeľ/Pavol Mego withdrew from the competition before todays scheduled 3rd round match against Jang/Lim of :KOR  so their opponents won by walkover

6 hours ago, juddy96 said:

Women's Half Marathon

Gold :JPN Yuki Munehisa 1:13:48

Silver :TUR Esma Aydemir 1:14:28

Bronze :JPN Saki Fukui 1:14:37

Men's Half Marathon

Gold :JPN Kei Katanishi 1:06:09

Silver :JPN Naoki Kudo 1:06:23

Bronze :JPN Kengo Suzuki 1:06:56

+ Team events:

Women's Team Half Marathon

Gold :JPN

Silver :TUR

Bronze :TPE

Men's Team Half Marathon

Gold :JPN

Silver :RSA

Bronze :TUR

What the hell happened to Chinese Taipei in rhythmic gymnastics? 17.050 is a HUGE international score that even Spain's national group has not been able to achieve this year. I honestly expected something around 11 or 12, but over 17 is absolutely mind-blowing. They will likely win a medal (or even three medals) in rhythmic gymnastics, which is almost unbelievable. Their only important international result achieved before was a bronze medal earned at the 2006 Asian Rhythmic Championships, which goes on to show how much of a surprise it is for me that they are doing this fine at world level now.

Estonia didn't have as much success as I had hoped, unfortunately. And the girls from Belarus and Ukraine are excellent, even though I've heard nothing about them, excluding Trubach (silver medalist at the 2014 Youth Olympics). Not a huge surprise (Belarus, Ukraine, Russia and Bulgaria dominate this sport, after all), but still nice to see.

2 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

What the hell happened to Chinese Taipei in rhythmic gymnastics? 17.050 is a HUGE international score that even Spain's national group has not been able to achieve this year. I honestly expected something around 11 or 12, but over 17 is absolutely mind-blowing. They will likely win a medal (or even three medals) in rhythmic gymnastics, which is almost unbelievable. Their only important international result achieved before was a bronze medal earned at the 2006 Asian Rhythmic Championships, which goes on to show how much of a surprise it is for me that they are doing this fine at world level now.

Estonia didn't have as much success as I had hoped, unfortunately. And the girls from Belarus and Ukraine are excellent, even though I've heard nothing about them, excluding Trubach (silver medalist at the 2014 Youth Olympics). Not a huge surprise (Belarus, Ukraine, Russia and Bulgaria dominate this sport, after all), but still nice to see.

Did you watch the :TPE team? Maybe they were gifted a higher score, or maybe they got a similar boost from their federation like in MAG