website statistics

Islamic Solidarity Games 2017

bestmen

Just now, intoronto said:

Just like Azerbaijan's defending gold medalist losing in the first round to Canada's AVF in London 2012? :lol:

All other sports do not take place in the Commonwealth games so no discussion there, but Canada has had success in all those sports you listed in a continental or global level. 

And most of Canada's medals in Rio 2016 were born in Canada. The others chose to move and train here so there is no problem with that... unlike most countries in the Middle East buying athletes... how pathetic. 

only doping just you pay the labs  , cheaters  :bye:

15 hours ago, intoronto said:

Some of these games have no sense. From my understanding these games exclude those of a different faith. All of those countries competing are not 100% of one religion... so its a bit awkward for athletes that are not of that particular faith. Yes I do agree with the Commonwealth Games being more irrelevant. However, CGF released a 2022 plan where there would be Olympic qualification (or making the event important).

Actually no, this is not about religion, I remember even Iran sent some christian athletes to the 1st edition in Saudi Arabia, there is an organization called "Organization of Islamic Cooperation" all members of that can participate here and they can send whoever they want.

once again I'm not a big fan of this event but since this exists and some of our sports federations take it serious, I prefer to enjoy it as I always enjoy all multi-sports events around the world

Edited by MHSN

11 hours ago, bestmen said:

those naturalized athletes will not participate here

they are famous and participate in the biggest events only :bye:

Actually they will, there is no limit on that, I know from a fact that there will be Iranians in Azerbaijan delegation.

Iran send strong taekwondo team to Solidarity Games, Iran have announced that they will send a delegation of over 300 to the Games, competing in 20 sports here

i hoped they do the same here alas no , one small delegation based on the teams's sports,maybe few bronze :fingers:

Edited by bestmen