website statistics

Weightlifting Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

MantaRaymarc

22 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

Yes, but if I understand the qualification process correctly, Canada's will keep the place won in Pan American championships and the place it currently has in the individual rankings will be assigned to the NOC of the next best lifter in the individual rankings.

thanks, in that case i dont have any hope of argentinian qualification for reallocation.

Unless something amazing happens, :CUB:ECU:PER:DOM:MEX:USA:CAN will qualify in men's division. By amazing I mean Venezuela managing to qualify with 5 lifters. It's actually possible if they win the last event, but their last lifter is not so good.

#banbestmen

40 minutes ago, dcro said:

Unless something amazing happens, :CUB:ECU:PER:DOM:MEX:USA:CAN will qualify in men's division. By amazing I mean Venezuela managing to qualify with 5 lifters. It's actually possible if they win the last event, but their last lifter is not so good.

Actually, Kobaladze will not finish unfortunately, meaning Canada ties with Chile on total number of classification points (116). Meanwhile if Venezuela finish in 6th position or better they will qualify even when their first three competitors did not finish.

Just now, mrv86 said:

Actually, Kobaladze will not finish unfortunately, meaning Canada ties with Chile on total number of classification points (116). Meanwhile if Venezuela finish in 6th position or better they will qualify even when their first three competitors did not finish.

What a blow for Canada, but not over yet. Venezuela is 6th after snatch, 5 kilos behind 5th and in front of Mexico because of body mass (Mexican lifter is almost 60kg heavier so it's not exactly tight :p). Anyhow, Venezuelan lifter also has a solid opening weight in c&j so it looks like VEN could indeed make it with only 5 lifters!

#banbestmen

15 minutes ago, dcro said:

What a blow for Canada, but not over yet. Venezuela is 6th after snatch, 5 kilos behind 5th and in front of Mexico because of body mass (Mexican lifter is almost 60kg heavier so it's not exactly tight :p). Anyhow, Venezuelan lifter also has a solid opening weight in c&j so it looks like VEN could indeed make it with only 5 lifters!

So what's the tiebreak if Canada and Chile tie?

Just now, james89 said:

So what's the tiebreak if Canada and Chile tie?

Looks like Chile is ahead of Canada on tie break. For a tie break the highest number of individual points is used. Both CAN and CHI have 1x23 points and 1x22 points. Chile's third highest points are 21 while Canada's is 19.

#banbestmen