website statistics

Figure Skating at the Winter Olympic Games 2018

uk12points

12 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

A little bit shocked they didn't pick Ashley Wagner even though she finished 4th at the nationals - but, IMO, had a better record in international competitions.

In the men's side, the expected, even the exclusion of Ross Miner who was 2nd at nationals (but previous to that, didn't have so many good results). I was hoping for Jason Brown, but oh well...

Ross Miner deserved to get picked, even more so since Chen got picked over Wagner. Unfair.

#banbestmen

1 hour ago, vinipereira said:

Honestly, I understand why they picked Rippon, but Zhou over Miner? Probably they wanted someone younger?

Zhou is 17, Miner 26. That’s why they picked Vincent.

That and Zhou did well at nationals last year and the margin between them was small (2 points) even though Zhou had an off day.

il y a 4 minutes, dcro a déclaré:

That's called national championships inflation. :p

When you see that the second pair beats its record by 10 points (from what I see they are not that young and promising) you understand better :p

Good job though ... they put a great pressure on the judges before the olympics :)

Whaaaaaaat ? How can they score 10 points less than what they did last month ... scandal !

Nothing new under the sun

12 minutes ago, SalamAkhi said:

When you see that the second pair beats its record by 10 points (from what I see they are not that young and promising) you understand better :p

Good job though ... they put a great pressure on the judges before the olympics :)

Whaaaaaaat ? How can they score 10 points less than what they did last month ... scandal !

Nothing new under the sun

Nah, it's not like that. It's also the case in other national championships and other sports.

Scores are inflated as a confidence builder.

#banbestmen

il y a 26 minutes, dcro a déclaré:

Nah, it's not like that. It's also the case in other national championships and other sports.

Scores are inflated as a confidence builder.

The score are quite better in this Champs than in others still

• 2 weeks later...