website statistics

Biathlon 2015 - 2016 Discussion Thread

heywoodu

LAURAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Finally a good result for Germany, the results so far have been pretty disappointing. Too many medals for France, Eckhoff, Björndalen and Ukraine. :facepalm:

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

What a wonderful day and a race I'm gonna remember forever, Laura :cheer:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I loved this race :) Dahlmeier as brilliant as always, Wierer, I have a hunch will get her gold in the Individual. Marie Dorin-Habert showing us spectacular results two years in a row and Hildebrand just being Hildebrand, always raced out of the medals :p Hoping that Kaisa Makarainen does something, really want her to medal. Don't know if Individual or the Mass Start is her better chance.

8 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Finally a good result for Germany, the results so far have been pretty disappointing. Too many medals for France, Eckhoff, Björndalen and Ukraine. :facepalm:

There's no such thing as too many medals :p Other than that, Schempp doesn't look to be in good form, his shooting is below his standard, which makes me wonder if he has a chance in the Individual. Peiffer could perform in the individual, he's shooting well, but doesn't have the ski speed and I'd watch out for Lesser too. On the women's field, I think you'll be able to celebrate, because I don't think it's the last medal that Dahlmeier will be taking.

49 minutes ago, Werloc said:

There's no such thing as too many medals :p Other than that, Schempp doesn't look to be in good form, his shooting is below his standard, which makes me wonder if he has a chance in the Individual. Peiffer could perform in the individual, he's shooting well, but doesn't have the ski speed and I'd watch out for Lesser too. On the women's field, I think you'll be able to celebrate, because I don't think it's the last medal that Dahlmeier will be taking.

I dont want France/Ukraine to win any medals, considering their recent doping scandals. France had many doping cases in different sports and Ukraine had a couple of doping cases in biathlon. I wouldnt mind if J. Boe/Svendsen/T. Boe/Schempp/Peiffer/Lesser win all the medals from now and Dahlmeier/Hildebrand/Preuß/Mäkäräinen/Wierer/Soukalova on the womens side.

I have given up all hope on the mens side, maybe except for the relay. Schempp has been shooting pretty bad recently, Dahlmeier as well, but she managed to hide it today. I expect gold in womens mass start and womens relay. Mäkäräinen, Wierer and Soukalova deserve to win medals, considering how the season has been going so far, i hope those 3 will win the medals in womens individual. On the mens side i hope for J. Boe, Schempp and Shipulin.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

7 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

I dont want France/Ukraine to win any medals, considering their recent doping scandals. France had many doping cases in different sports and Ukraine had a couple of doping cases in biathlon. I wouldnt mind if J. Boe/Svendsen/T. Boe/Schempp/Peiffer/Lesser/Shipulin win all the medals from now and Dahlmeier/Hildebrand/Preuß/Mäkäräinen/Wierer/Soukalova on the womens side.

I have given up all hope on the mens side, maybe except for the relay. Schempp has been shooting pretty bad recently, Dahlmeier as well, but she managed to hide it today. I expect gold in womens mass start and womens relay. Mäkäräinen, Wierer and Soukalova deserve to win medals, considering how the season has been going so far, i hope those 3 will win the medals in womens individual. On the mens side i hope for J. Boe, Schempp and Shipulin.

Wierer won a medal today. ;)

20 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

I dont want France/Ukraine to win any medals, considering their recent doping scandals. France had many doping cases in different sports and Ukraine had a couple of doping cases in biathlon. I wouldnt mind if J. Boe/Svendsen/T. Boe/Schempp/Peiffer/Lesser/Shipulin win all the medals from now and Dahlmeier/Hildebrand/Preuß/Mäkäräinen/Wierer/Soukalova on the womens side.

You don't want France to win any medal becauses of the "many doping cases in different sports", but you hope for a Russian to win a medal... Yeah, right...

And what do you mean by "many doping cases in different sports" anyway ? A bunch of cases in athletics (still a shit load less than Wierer's Italy for instance) and a few here and there, including no show violations and none beeing biathlon related or even winter sports related ?

Welcome back anyway (even with the same silly arguments :p)

23 minutes ago, EselTheDonkey said:

Wierer won a medal today. ;)

Yes i know, but she deserves more medals and especially Mäkäräinen and Soukalov also deserve medals here. I hope that Wierer will win gold in womens individual.

5 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

You don't want France to win any medal becauses of the "many doping cases in different sports", but you hope for a Russian to win a medal... Yeah, right...

And what do you mean by "many doping cases in different sports" anyway ? A bunch of cases in athletics (still a shit load less than Wierer's Italy for instance) and a few here and there, including no show violations and none beeing biathlon related or even winter sports related ?

Welcome back anyway (even with the same silly arguments :p)

Bauge, Tamgho, Moulinet, Livio, Bigot ...

You have far more "famous" doping cases than any other western nation, only Russia and Ukraine in Europe are probably worse. If you only want to insult me, than you dont need to quote me, but obviously you are not interested in a discussion, so next time just dont quote me and we both will save a lot of time. :yes

Edit: You are somehow right about Shipulin, i will erase him from my list.

Edited by OlympicsFan