website statistics

Biathlon 2015 - 2016 Discussion Thread

heywoodu

I think maybe her 23th in the World Cup last season isn't the most "real" result. I mean, not showing all that she can, because maybe she already wasn't fully motivated anymore to give 100% in every training..

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Holy shiii! :(

Artem Tyshchenko (World Cup/IBU) & Snezhana Tiseyeva (IBU) got in a car accident.

Artem got a concussion. Snezhana has multiply head injuries & burns on her face :cry:

Their car was completely destroyed by fire.

hvrUTtl.jpg

ps. "The (national) federation controls the situation & will cover all expenses".

Edited by Xander

Pidhrushna is in the hospital helping our guys.

She said they were riding a lonely road at 3AM. Both lost consciousness & would have burnt there alive.

It's a miracle that 3 men on another car appeared in the same place & time.

Snizhana is awake, they're doing the 4th surgery/skin transplantation.

• 2 weeks later...

Italy team for 2016/17

:ITA Italy Team  :ITA

World Cup

Men's: Lukas Hofer, Dominik Windisch, Giuseppe Montello, Thomas Bormolini

Women's: Nicole Gontier, Karin Oberhofer, Federica Sanfilippo, Lisa Vitozzi ('95), Dorothea Wierer, Alexia Runggdier

Ibu Cup

Men's: Andrea Baretto ('95), Thierry Chenal, Luca Ghiglione ('96), Andreas Plaickner, Saverio Zini

Women's: TBD

Gabriela Soukalova has married Petr Koukal and will change her name from Soukalova to Koukalova :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

And in the margins of the biathlon news: next Saturday we'll see the first ever serious straight-up fight between Bruna Moura and Jaqueline Mourão, the new generation against the old :)

They'll both be present in the physical tests of the Brazilian federation. It's not entirely true that Bruna hadn't fought against Mourão yet, but that was back when she had barely started rollerskiing, so this will be the first time now that she's a "serious athlete". Mourão may be getting older, she had a great season (arguably one of her best, albeit solely in XC), so it'll be very interesting how this fight turns out.

It will be a specific uphill rollerskiing test by the way, they always do this test in the exact same place (I forgot the name, but it's the highest 'mountain' in São Paulo). So far it's looking good, because only yesterday I received a "Wow, I'm feeling better than ever!" message :cool::fingers:

Edited by heywoodu