Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

heywoodu

Biathlon 2015 - 2016 Discussion Thread

258 posts in this topic

:SVK  TEAM SLOVAKIA :SVK

For IBU World Championships 2016 (03.03-13.03.2016)

MEN´S

• Matej KAZÁR
  • Tomáš HASILLA
  • Miroslav MATIAŠKO
  • Michal ŠÍMA
  • Martin OTČENÁŠ

WOMEN´S

• Jana GEREKOVÁ
  • Paulína FIALKOVÁ
  • Ivona FIALKOVÁ
  • Terézia POLIAKOVÁ
  • Martina CHRAPÁNOVÁ

The Goals:

Optimistic - 2 top 10, one in individual events and one in relays events

Realistic - 1 top 10, Paulína Fialková maybe has some decent chances for one top 10.

Pessimistic - all our relays laped, and SVK establish a new world record of loops by one country achieved during one week at major competition...:whistle:

Dear god, the foggy, windy, and obscenely posh hellhole of Holmenkollen described as fabulous and historic...

Anyway the Norwegian team is ready, sort of. Look forward to masses of excuses about the quality of their ski's.

Mäkäräinen is running the mixed relay, which is odd given that she's probably about as fast as the Finnish boys.

Almost all teams have the best squad in tomorrows relay, it mean that this race finally is taken seriously :thumbup: I hope that this will be very exciting race with many changes in the top. Bad that I won't be able to watch this in live :(

1 hour ago, SamR03A said:

Dear god, the foggy, windy, and obscenely posh hellhole of Holmenkollen described as fabulous and historic...

:lol:

Sorry, but if someone would ask me for the home of Nordic sports, there is absolutely no doubt I would say Holmenkollen :) 

1 hour ago, SamR03A said:

Anyway the Norwegian team is ready, sort of. Look forward to masses of excuses about the quality of their ski's.

Mäkäräinen is running the mixed relay, which is odd given that she's probably about as fast as the Finnish boys.

Any chance of Tandrevold making the team? Our Polsat commentators wanted her to be on the team after the Tyumen heroics and well, the NOR female cast is as weak as I can remember.

If not, then perhaps she can at least take a trip to Khanty-Mansiysk for the WC finale?

Just now, Monzanator said:

Any chance of Tandrevold making the team? Our Polsat commentators wanted her to be on the team after the Tyumen heroics and well, the NOR female cast is as weak as I can remember.

If not, then perhaps she can at least take a trip to Khanty-Mansiysk for the WC finale?

There are some rumours that she will be subbed in for Nicolaisen as she might be injured. I really don't think she will do much though, maybe scrape a 20th place, the level in Tyumen wasn't particularly high was it?

Welle-Strand-Horn-Birkeland (a true scion of Holmenkollen) and Solemdal have been dire though. Really don't know what they're doing over there.

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

:lol:

Sorry, but if someone would ask me for the home of Nordic sports, there is absolutely no doubt I would say Holmenkollen :) 

when you grow up right next to it you get to see the darker side of the place

Beatrix (Fra) is not going to race the sprint/pursuit. He is remplaced by Simon Desthieux.

The most painful thing about Totallympics going down was the fact that it did go down right before the Biathlon prediction contest which I was anticipating for a couple of months :(

13 minutes ago, Werloc said:

The most painful thing about Totallympics going down was the fact that it did go down right before the Biathlon prediction contest which I was anticipating for a couple of months :(

Misfortune :(

On a bright side, we should be able to organize the rest of scheduled contests.

Edited by Wanderer

Just now, Wanderer said:

Misfortune :(

Yeah, it's like the only contest that I was genuinely good at apart from some professional guessing in other competitions :d

And the world championships are underway :hearts:

IBU, why did you change the lay-out of the graphics? I can't handle this :lol:

I´m here:d

so what happened till now? why SVK is already a minute behind with clean shooting?

Just now, hckosice said:

I´m here:d

so what happened till now? why SVK is already a minute behind with clean shooting?

Because they're not skiing so fast :p