website statistics

Biathlon 2015 - 2016 Discussion Thread

heywoodu

1 hour ago, Federer91 said:

Ugggg, Fourcade spoiling the party once again... I just can't anymore. It would have been perfection for one more magical moment from King Ole, like in Sochi. Keeping hope alive for the next starts. Vlado Iliev with a perfect shooting could have battled for a medal, which would have been outstanding for us. Nevertheless amazing performance by him for a top 10 finish. 

As for the women, i'm so happy that Eckhoff made a perfect race, finally! :clap: She has so much potential, and all the problems she had prior with the shooting was so underwhelming. Let's hope this will unleash her and she will have more consistent results. The womens race was so stong today. I surely thought Wierer would get a medal with that machine-gun shooting, but many people skiing faster and faster as time went. Tomorrows  pursuit will be so competitive.

To be honest, she consistently gathered 4th places this season :p Really impressed with how she managed to shoot clean during the most stressful race of her life.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fourcade :sleep:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Great race for Fak by the way, at least there's that :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

Great race for Fak by the way, at least there's that :p 

Still, it's quite underwhelming to know that the only gold medals that are open for men is the Individual race and Relay (for Norway, Germany or Russia)

Just now, Werloc said:

Still, it's quite underwhelming to know that the only gold medals that are open for men is the Individual race and Relay (for Norway, Germany or Russia)

There are 3 events left and all three gold medals can of course be won by non-French :p 

Though unfortunately France will again be one of the favorites in the men's relay..

Just now, heywoodu said:

There are 3 events left and all three gold medals can of course be won by non-French :p 

Though unfortunately France will again be one of the favorites in the men's relay..

Bjoerndalen, J.Boe, T.Boe, Svendsen. I'm not that certain that the French could keep up with the gold. They have all the best chances for silver and bronze, but I think Germany will not let Norway get away that easily. Russia is a slight question mark and perhaps a very huge underdog chance for Austria, but that's all on Julian's shooting.

6 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Bjoerndalen, J.Boe, T.Boe, Svendsen. I'm not that certain that the French could keep up with the gold. They have all the best chances for silver and bronze, but I think Germany will not let Norway get away that easily. Russia is a slight question mark and perhaps a very huge underdog chance for Austria, but that's all on Julian's shooting.

Yeah I pretty much agree with you :) 

I think Norway, Russia, Germany and France are the main contenders for the medals (somewhat in that order) and indeed Austria depends on Julian's shooting. Every other team in the top-5 is of course always possible, mistakes are made easily, but would be a surprise.

Come on Laura :hearts::yikes: