website statistics

Totallympics Annual International Song Contest 2017

vor 4 Stunden schrieb uk12points:

Thank you everyone for the brilliant songs and welcome to the contest Iran and @MHSN! I will update the first page a bit later on!

A reminder to all the countries yet to pick (including myself) the deadline is midnight tomorrow!! 

And regarding the German entry and @OlympicsFan I don't think you are allowed to compete for another nation, but I think in the selection process you must be able to come up with some compromise between you, or each pick a song and conduct a random draw to decide which one is entered? 

Ok, thats extremely racist! There is absolutely no plausible reason to not allow me to compete for a country that hasnt already be entered, like Colombia for example.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

35 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Ok, thats extremely racist! There is absolutely no plausible reason to not allow me to compete for a country that hasnt already be entered, like Colombia for example.

even if you will not take  a part of the chosen song , you will vote for the songs you like

you were the first user representing Germany i don't know why didn't you post your song before, like did mihamiha for Slovenia

vor 1 Minute schrieb bestmen:

even if you will not take  a part of the chosen song , you will vote for the songs you like

you were the first user representing Germany i don't know why didn't you post your song before, like did mihamiha for Slovenia

So what? I will still only have 1 vote, because i dont chose the german song (in fact i dont even like the song that will represent Germany, but catgamer wanted to compete with this song, so i agreed). I can guarantee you that Germany will get 0 points from me if i would be able to represent an other nation.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

57 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

There is absolutely no plausible reason to not allow me to compete for a country that hasnt already be entered, like Colombia for example.

The reason why I am against users just picking any random country is because it gives massive advantage to countries with multiple users. For example, I can pick a useless song from country X while some other Indian user can be official Indian entry. I can then give full points to Indian song, increasing India's points tally. Even if not deliberate collusion, songs that we have heard multiple times are prone to get more points. All these issues were discussed previously in the old forum resulting in the present rule. If many users think this rule need to be changed, we can have another discussion about this for future contests, but for this contest, rule disallows you to compete for another country. 

57 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Ok, thats extremely racist!

:yikes:

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Dolby:

The reason why I am against users just picking any random country is because it gives massive advantage to countries with multiple users. For example, I can pick a useless song from country X while some other Indian user can be official Indian entry. I can then give full points to Indian song, increasing India's points tally. Even if not deliberate collusion, songs that we have heard multiple times are prone to get more points. All these issues were discussed previously in the old forum resulting in the present rule. If many users think this rule need to be changed, we can have another discussion about this for future contests, but for this contest, rule disallows you to compete for another country. 

:yikes:

Ok, might make sense, but like i said: Catgamer really likes the song "Musik sein" and i dont like it at all. Of course i could just have said: I dont care what song you like, because i entered the contest first, so i get to pick this song, but i didnt want to do that. I picked the song "Musik sein" nevertheless, but i would prefer to compete alone for one country, where i can pick a song i really like and vote the way i want. I can guarantee that i wont give any points to the german song, so its not right to say that i am biased.

Il y a 4 heures , uk12points a déclaré:

A little reminder to:

@heywoodu@Jur@tuniscof@amen09 that you only have until midnight tomorrow to submit your song!!

There are others but they have been active on the thread today so I'm pretty sure they know the deadlines soon!

we're working on it and yes we know the deadline too ;)