website statistics

Totallympics Annual International Song Contest 2017

7 hours ago, bestmen said:

they also vote for the famous singers , if you review all the editions  80% of the top 3 are famous

in the tv shows /castings of music , the professional juries always pick the new styles/new voices , if you try to imitate one famous singer they will eliminate you

they do the opposit in this forum they vote for the songs heard before , so this contest will never improve

Yet you still participate :evil:

Which I hope won't change, by the way. If this contest was about which users you like or think are fun or enthousiastic or something, I'd have given you more points :p It would be pretty strange to give points for that though.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Personally I've never voted for famous singers because they're famous. There are tons of famous singers/bands that would most likely never get any points from me.

From what I remember, Volbeat is the only famous band that we've sent as well. Otherwise it's been artists only known in Denmark (Mew has a bit of fame outside Denmark, but nowhere near the same)

But when people selecting artists for the countries with lots of famous songs have close to the same taste as myself, it's hard not to like their music.

About languages: There's no doubt that it's easier for most people to like a song in a language that you understand, but I don't think people actually prioritize songs in english (or other languages that they understand). I must admit that some languages sound better to me than others, especially when sung (I don't want to mention any), therefore meaning a bit in the complete selection of who I vote for.

11 hours ago, bestmen said:

they also vote for the famous singers , if you review all the editions  80% of the top 3 are famous

in the tv shows /castings of music , the professional juries always pick the new styles/new voices , if you try to imitate one famous singer they will eliminate you

they do the opposit in this forum they vote for the songs heard before , so this contest will never improve

I always go by my preference. Luckily for someone, I am totally anti-mainstream oriented :d

Also, believe it or not, Rag'n'Bone weren't familiar to me at all. I heard the song here for the first time (and as I mentioned before, few weeks ago in the coffee house). 

my first choice for this Annual TISC was the next song:

But since New Zealand performed poorly in recent editions, I decided to pick a song that would attract much more votes (I think Joshi's Hollie Smith performed well as well as my pick Yumi Zouma back in 2015). 

I have such a treat for TISC Open this year, a song from the 1960s :hearts:  Hopefully it can perform better than my all-time favourite Kiwi song "Pink Frost"

2 hours ago, Agger said:

Personally I've never voted for famous singers because they're famous. There are tons of famous singers/bands that would most likely never get any points from me.

From what I remember, Volbeat is the only famous band that we've sent as well. Otherwise it's been artists only known in Denmark (Mew has a bit of fame outside Denmark, but nowhere near the same)

But when people selecting artists for the countries with lots of famous songs have close to the same taste as myself, it's hard not to like their music.

About languages: There's no doubt that it's easier for most people to like a song in a language that you understand, but I don't think people actually prioritize songs in english (or other languages that they understand). I must admit that some languages sound better to me than others, especially when sung (I don't want to mention any), therefore meaning a bit in the complete selection of who I vote for.

Communions are the best discovery for me! I still listen to Forget it's a dream regularly :hearts:

My top votes (I have evidence of):

2016 Annual:

12- Communions (DEN) - great discovery

11- JRBS (RUS)

10- Jain (FRA)

2016 Open:

12- Charly Garcia-Fanky (ARG) - absolutely adorable song!!! :hearts:

11- The Raveonettes (DEN) - this one I knew, but I simply love The Raveonettes :)

10- Little Joy (BRA)

2017 Annual

12- JRBS (RUS) - jazzy, avantgardish with funny and yet brilliant lyrics. Loved it to bits. Didn't hear the song previously. Subscribed on the YT channel :d

11- Rag'n'Bone (GBR) - discovery for me. Loved the vocals, music... not my type of music but sounded different from the most of the songs

10- Alok (BRA) - the whistling, pretty melodic and rhythmic.

2015 Open - if I remember I gave Portugal 12 points (or it was Annual contest :mumble: and probably once again 12 to Denmark)

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Agger:

Volbeat was a fantastic choice @Agger and if I remember it correctly it got 12 points from me :d

Please send sth. like that the next time and it is close to 12 points once again :d 

On 5/2/2017 at 09:36, OlympicsFan said:

I just noticed that Zedd co-produced your song. I might have given you more points if i would have known that earlier, although i don't like the song.

Maybe next time i will also pick a song by Zedd ... ?

https://youtu.be/L8eRzOYhLuw

https://youtu.be/IxxstCcJlsc

https://youtu.be/X46t8ZFqUB4

https://youtu.be/h--P8HzYZ74

If you pick "HUMBLE." by Kendrick Lamar for the next contest, i can guarantee you, that you will get 12 points from me.

I don't think that even if you knew Zedd co-produced the song there would be any difference. But he is part German, so I think you'll have a better shot at choosing one of his songs.

I don't listen to Kendrick Lamar often, but I'm already considering options for 2018 annual. I have a few 90s songs in mind for 2017 Open, so we'll see.

8 hours ago, Wanderer said:

Communions are the best discovery for me! I still listen to Forget it's a dream regularly :hearts:

It sure is a wonderful song. :)

Sadly they've become more mainstream and slightly less interesting with their newer music 

6 hours ago, catgamer said:

Volbeat was a fantastic choice @Agger and if I remember it correctly it got 12 points from me :d

Please send sth. like that the next time and it is close to 12 points once again :d 

I cant really think of anything in the same style as Volbeat, but I'm absolutely considering some Danish rock bands for future contests :)

• 1 month later...