website statistics

Totallympics Annual International Song Contest 2017

On ‎27‎.‎4‎.‎2017 at 16:41, uk12points said:

89d8bfbcae.png200px-West_Midlands_UK_locator_map_2010.

WEST MIDLANDS (MID)

The West Midlands is a county that covers the West Midlands of the Uk (surprise!), the region is very urban, wit a series of major towns and cities like Birmingham, Coventry and Walsall making up the urban agglomeration.

Birmingham city will be home to :FIN Finland @Finnator123 and :CAN Canada @intoronto

:FIN:CAN Finland/Canada - Birmingham

hero-birmingham-4.jpg?ver=0

Birmingham is the second largest city in the UK, with plenty of room to fit 2 extra residents for a few days! Birmingham is a hub for cultural institutions with a few to highlight being the Birmingham Royal Ballet, the Birmingham Library (shown below) and the Barber Institute of Fine Arts. As well as a strong number of cultural institutions, Birmingham has a strong grassroots cultural scene, with bands like Black Sabbath, Duran Duran and ELO coming from Birmingham.

jpeg&blobkey=id&blobtable=MungoBlobs&blo

Who is the brummie you may ask?

Well Brummie is the nickname for the iconic West Midlands accent - however (whilst I like the Brummie accent) opinion polls suggest it is the least favoured of all British accents by UK citizens. You might have heard the accent in people like Julie Walters, Frank Skinner or Ozzy Osbourne! But Canada and Finland will certainly get a flavour for it during their stay!

Looking good :d   I'm a Tech lover tho, so is there anything related to Computers, technology in general, etc...?
Then The Finnish jury would enjoy the stay even more ;)

Finally had the chance to watch the contest now (last week was terribly busy preparing for the annual boat race at the University and saturday was all about cleaning the park afterwards)!

Thanks a lot to :ROU, :RUS, :IND, :POL, :MAR, :MEX, :USA, :POR, :FRA  and of course :NZL 

I must admit that I expected some more with a slightly more mainstream song that I usually select.

Don't you worry. The next song from Denmark will be more in line with what I usually select (unless some other Dane joins the jury, of course :p )

As usual great selections by @Wanderer and @Werloc. Both songs immediately joined my spotify playlist. I felt absolutely sure that Rag'n'Bone man would get my 12 points when I saw that he was selected, but Gjan made it past him

On 29/4/2017 at 23:00, Werloc said:

Even we don't know what we're doing there :d

PS: We nearly lost Canada this year.

As the president, I know what's going on in there ;) :old:

2 hours ago, Agger said:

As usual great selections by @Wanderer and @Werloc. Both songs immediately joined my spotify playlist. I felt absolutely sure that Rag'n'Bone man would get my 12 points when I saw that he was selected, but Gjan made it past him

Unfortunately next year, my candidates don't really have a chance to get into top 10, cause it doesn't belong to the mainstream, unless some other song comes up in the mean time, but our older music is nothing to brag about.

Am 29.4.2017 um 22:09 schrieb dezbee2008:

Canada too.

I just noticed that Zedd co-produced your song. I might have given you more points if i would have known that earlier, although i don't like the song.

Maybe next time i will also pick a song by Zedd ... ?

https://youtu.be/L8eRzOYhLuw

https://youtu.be/IxxstCcJlsc

https://youtu.be/X46t8ZFqUB4

https://youtu.be/h--P8HzYZ74

If you pick "HUMBLE." by Kendrick Lamar for the next contest, i can guarantee you, that you will get 12 points from me.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

8 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

I just noticed that Zedd co-produced your song. I might have given you more points if i would have known that earlier, although i don't like the song

Can't begin to explain how WRONG that is, just another example how little ***** you give for this contest and that your scoring is untrustworthy.

On 29/04/2017 at 23:04, LDOG said:

I agree with all OlympicsFan has said about english language, but I don't think there's anything we can do honestly... some users (most of the time the younger ones) like english language songs too much.

they also vote for the famous singers , if you review all the editions  80% of the top 3 are famous

in the tv shows /castings of music , the professional juries always pick the new styles/new voices , if you try to imitate one famous singer they will eliminate you

they do the opposit in this forum they vote for the songs heard before , so this contest will never improve

vor 5 Stunden schrieb bestmen:

they also vote for the famous singers , if you review all the editions  80% of the top 3 are famous

in the tv shows /castings of music , the professional juries always pick the new styles/new voices , if you try to imitate one famous singer they will eliminate you

they do the opposit in this forum they vote for the songs heard before , so this contest will never improve

Again a great observation! I feel like you are one of the very few here who understood this contest, which is why you should be part of the legendary committee. For example the lithuanian song was like a really bad imitation, on the other hand the song from New Zealand was very original and should have placed higher. I only look for the "honesty" of songs when i have to distribute my points and the lithuanian song for example didn't seem very honest, i had the feeling that the artist just wanted to make a popular song, without putting much personality into it.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

GreatBritain2017-2.png

Unofficial Standings (Eurovision manner; 12-10-8-...-1)

ORDER NATION

1(-) :GBR Great Britain 149
2(-) :BRA Brazil 120
3(-) :SRB Serbia               106
4(-) :IRI Iran 105
5(+1) :NZL New Zealand 92
6(-1) :MLT Malta 92
7(-) :LTU Lithuania 89
8(-) :POR Portugal 85
9(+2) :NED Netherlands 81
10(-1) :ITA Italy 75
11(-1) :MAR Morocco 70
12(-) :ALG Algeria 68
13(-) :TUN Tunisia 66
14(-) :INA Indonesia 65
15(+2) :ARG Argentina 58
16(-1) :MEX Mexico 56
17(+1) :MDA Moldova 54
18(-2) :SLO Slovenia 53
19(+2) :BULBulgaria 53
20(-) :CRO Croatia 51
21(-2) :FRAFrance 50
22(+3) :IND India 46
23(-1) :ROU Romania 42
24(-1) :USA United States 42
25(-1) :IRL Ireland 41
26(-) :SVK Slovakia 36
27(+1) :POL Poland 35
28(-1) :DEN Denmark 32
29(-) :GER Germany 29
30(-) :GRE Greece 23
31(-) :CAN Canada 20
32(-) :RUS Russia 18
33(-) :KAZ Kazakhstan 17
34(-) :FIN Finland 7
35(-) :AZE Azerbaijan 4

As you can see, there was suprisingly little movement among positions, 21 countries stayed on same spot, which has never happened in TISC history.

Biggest improver is India, jumping for three places from 25th to 22nd. Meanwhile, Slovenia and France are the only one losing two places. 

Edited by justony