website statistics

Totallympics Annual International Song Contest 2017

1 hour ago, OlympicIRL said:

Haha, I suddenly feel I have been transported to WINTERFEST :d

We would never do that! We would have sent you to the British Antarctic Territory if we truely wanted Ireland's chances to be sabotaged!

Isle of Lewis

amazing :bowdown:   Perfect for those who desire peace and quiet like me 

but... but

the Tunisian delegation is composed of a metal band  (OlympicIRL  I feel sorry for you   this place will not stay calm  :lol: )

we are very happy to meet Our Irish friends  

On 4/24/2017 at 12:56, uk12points said:

:KAZ Kazakhstan - Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

This always reminds me of a Dutch children's program, where the not very intelligent clown all reads the name of Llanfair as if it's the most normal thing in the world while his very intelligent acrobat friend has no idea how to say it :p 

From 0:20

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 hours ago, dcro said:

It's tomorrow. :woohoo:

And the Dutch delegation is still sitting at home waiting for our accomodations to be ready... :yikes:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

lanarkshire.png?w=601&h=360250px-Lanarkshire_-_Scotland.svg.png

LANARKSHIRE (SCO)

Lanarkshire is a county that covers part of central Scotland, major cities within the county include Glasgow,

where both :MAR Morocco @#MA and :GRE Greece @Janakis will be staying.

:MAR:GRE Morocco/Greece - Glasgow

River_Clyde_View2.jpg

They say People Make Glasgow, and that is probably pretty true! The city itself grew around the River Clyde, with the former ports now regenerated with sports and media venues. In the industrial revolution Glasgow was the world leader in chemicals and shipbuilding and claim to be the "British Empires second city". Now Glasgow is famous for hosting the Commonwealth Games in 2014 and will host the 2018 European Sports Championships (the new rival to the European Games).

new-glasgow-uni.jpg

89d8bfbcae.png200px-West_Midlands_UK_locator_map_2010.

WEST MIDLANDS (MID)

The West Midlands is a county that covers the West Midlands of the Uk (surprise!), the region is very urban, wit a series of major towns and cities like Birmingham, Coventry and Walsall making up the urban agglomeration.

Birmingham city will be home to :FIN Finland @Finnator123 and :CAN Canada @intoronto

:FIN:CAN Finland/Canada - Birmingham

hero-birmingham-4.jpg?ver=0

Birmingham is the second largest city in the UK, with plenty of room to fit 2 extra residents for a few days! Birmingham is a hub for cultural institutions with a few to highlight being the Birmingham Royal Ballet, the Birmingham Library (shown below) and the Barber Institute of Fine Arts. As well as a strong number of cultural institutions, Birmingham has a strong grassroots cultural scene, with bands like Black Sabbath, Duran Duran and ELO coming from Birmingham.

jpeg&blobkey=id&blobtable=MungoBlobs&blo

Who is the brummie you may ask?

Well Brummie is the nickname for the iconic West Midlands accent - however (whilst I like the Brummie accent) opinion polls suggest it is the least favoured of all British accents by UK citizens. You might have heard the accent in people like Julie Walters, Frank Skinner or Ozzy Osbourne! But Canada and Finland will certainly get a flavour for it during their stay!

If everyone uses a little bit of imagination then we can pretend that when the delegations arrive they will have some time to explore their destination before heading to the final - so it is a bit less of a whistlestop tour for some of the countries arriving in the next 24 hours!

Another reminder:

Everyone has now been asked for a voting message so it would be great if as many people as possible could send one!

Sadly, any country that does not send a message will have no message in their votes - this is unfortunately due to time constraints meaning I am unable to write messages for other users!