website statistics

Totallympics Annual International Song Contest 2017

A little reminder to @justony @MHSN @Ruslan @Federer91 @Ionoutz24 that your templates are ready, but I am waiting for a voting message before I can send them. Of course if you don't send a message I will still send the template, but Google Translate and I will have to create a message for you instead - which may not even be legible!

Most people have now been asked for, or sent, a message. If you haven't been asked (mainly multi-user member nations) you can jump the gun if you want and send one soon!

Hope you are looking forward to the grand final on Saturday and opening ceremony on Friday night, that will start at 18:00 British Time (GMT+1).

LewisBandera_Western_Isles.png250px-Na_h-Eileanan_Siar_in_Scotland.svg

COMHAIRLE NAN EILEAN SIAR (SCO)

Comhairle nan Eilean Siar is a council/county area that covers the Western Isles of Scotland, including the Outer Hebrides, it is a part of Scotland I definitely want to visit, but have never had a chance so I am very jealous of the delegations who get to stay here.

For the next week this county will be home to :TUN Tunisia @amen09@tuniscof and :IRL Ireland @OlympicIRL, the founders and next host of the contest, maybe they can have a meeting about the future of the contest on the islands!

:TUN Tunisia - Isle of Lewis (Outer Hebrides)

Northern-lights-over-the-Callanish-Stone

The Tunisian delegation will make the Isle of Lewis their new home for the coming days. The Isles of Lewis is located at the Northern tip of the Outer Hebrides and therefore, as the picture suggests, the Northern Lights can be seen at certain times of the year from the Island. Also shown in the picture are the Callanish Stones, a ritual site during the Bronze Age, one tradition goes that the stones are petrified giants who refused to convert to Christianity, whilst the history might be disputed they are definitely a maginficant site.

Isle%20of%20Lewis%20Coast%20SSP%2004.jpg

And this is where the Tunisian delegation will be staying, seriously, these ancient houses have been rennovated and are now a holiday accomodation site on the shores of the Atlantic (Garenin blackhouse village), not advised to go paddling in these waters! 

:IRL Ireland - St Kilda

The beautiful, now uninhabited, Island of St Kilda will be home to Ireland for the coming days. The Island has a sad past, as the last surviving residents were evacuated from the island during WW2 after centuries of human inhabitation. The island itself is now a world heristage site and has a history of Vikings, Druids, raids and resistence. However life on the island is incredibly challenging, as brutal storms can strike the island.

031579F90000044D-3528479-St_Kilda_as_see

St Kilda may not have many humans left, but that has been more than replaced by wildlife! Thousands of seabirds flock to the island as a breeding ground, but because of the salt spray and strong winds, no trees grow on the island. We hope a storm doesn't trap the most sucsessful TISC nation of all time on the island for the grand final, or was that the scheming plan of the hosts all along...

14 minutes ago, uk12points said:

:IRL Ireland - St Kilda

031579F90000044D-3528479-St_Kilda_as_see

St.Kilda!! Ever since learning of this island I have always thought this must be a wonderful place to visit, I am delighted :bounce:  :). Lots of beautiful relaxation time and as soon as I get bedded down in a safe location I will look forward to all and any weather!

Looking forward to getting in touch with nature here in the Outer Hebrides and joining my Tunisian friends for pleasant company over tea (or coffee :d). We will no doubt have TISC Open in our minds and what better backdrop to provide inspiration.

Woohoo, finally I get to visit these islands which are on my bucket list :)

6 minutes ago, dcro said:

There's a rumour going around that the organizers secretly don't want their Irish rivals to attend the Finals, so that's why they've been sent to such isolated island... :whistle::d

Séamus is already building a raft in case we need it :d.