website statistics

Totallympics Annual International Song Contest 2017

23 minutes ago, uk12points said:

As there are Sudanese members and the flavour of the music is Sudanese as well that is ok!!

Also do you think you will be needing a swap, since your voting time will be late afternoon/evening UK time?

Great. I also thought it could work :)

I am okay with the voting time :yes 

:SUD Sudan :SUD

13937897_1227566087305982_66219467192880

Alsarah is a Sudanese-born singer, songwriter and ethnomusicologist. Born in the capital city of Khartoum where she spent the first 8 years of her life, she relocated to Taez, Yemen with her family to escape the ever-stifling regime in her native country. She abruptly moved to the US in 1994, when a brief civil war broke out in Yemen. Alsarah started her musical training at the age of 12 upon arriving in the US. After attending the Pioneer Valley Performing Arts Charter High School, in Hadley MA, she spent the next 4 years at Wesleyan University studying music with a concentration in Ethnomusicology.

Residing in Brooklyn, NY she is a self-proclaimed practitioner of East-African Retro-Pop working on various projects. She has toured both Nationally and Internationally with critically acclaimed groups such as the Nile Project, where she was featured on their debut CD, Aswan (named in the top 5 must hear international albums by NPR). She has also released 1 full-length album with French producer Débruit titled Aljawal (Soundways Recordings), as well as 1 full-length album with her current band, Alsarah & the Nubatones, titled Silt (Wonderwheel Recordings) touring internationally since its release in 2014.

Alsarah & the Nubatones were born out of many dinner conversations between alsarah and rami el aasser about nubian ‘songs of return’, modern migration patterns and the cultural exchanges between sudan and egypt. A common love for the richness of pentatonic sounds, and shared migration experiences, expanded the conversation to include armenian – american oud player haig manouki- an and french born togo raised bass player mawuena kodjovi. Under the leadership of alsarah, the brooklyn based group’s sound grew into what they have dubbed as ‘east – african retro-pop’.

In march of 2014 the group released their debut album “silt / طمي “ via wonderwheel recordings to in- ternational acclaim and great reviews, with the single soukura (it’s late) debuting on spin magazine’s blog. 

aJYYkHA.jpg

Alsarah and The Nubatones - Ya Watan (ياوطن)

Single: Ya Watan // ياوطن
Album: Manara (out 9/30/2016)
Written & performed by Alsarah & the Nubatones

2 minutes ago, MHSN said:

OK I didn't sign for this :d can somebody tells me what is this exactly ? I didn't see anything about this " Festival of Music 2017 " in the first page

for example If you like a song from a country that does not participate here, you can be their "promoter" :d

14 minutes ago, MHSN said:

OK I didn't sign for this :d can somebody tells me what is this exactly ? I didn't see anything about this " Festival of Music 2017 " in the first page

As @dcro said it is completely voluntary! It's completely up to you if you want to pick a song! It's a chance to share some music you like from around the world with everyone else. It also fills the time between voting and the final, whilst I'm preparing all the voting templates, so that the thread doesn't die!

:ECUECUATORIAN  ENTRY:ECU

Delfín Quishpe - Mandarina Runa

Edited by konig