website statistics

Totallympics Annual International Song Contest 2017

3 hours ago, Werloc said:

I can explain why I take time to vote during a longer period of time.

Firstly, it is proven that you need to listen to a song more than 2,3 times to fully experience the effect of it and to realise its full potential.

Secondly, I make 3-4 day breaks after every consecutive re-listening in order to see how time changes my perception of a song.

Also, ranking your selected songs on different days help you achieve more well-rounded results, because there are always mood swings (after that you can averagely see which songs constantly do well and which tend to jump around in your rankings)

Then, after you have your twelve, there's another ranking required, because your brain gets accustomed to the order in which the songs are played, so you mix them up to see how they rank once the listening order is not specific

Final listen to the top 12 to see that you are certainly happy with your decisions and you don't need to regret your votes after 2 days of sending them.

Long story short, if your song got points from me, it travelled a long and tough road through my selection process :d

At the moment I am down to 12, but I'm having trouble shaking off 13th and 14th places as they deserve the points as well.

Pretty much what I do... Today I start to make cuts, starting with those who didn't leave any lasting impressions after 2 or 3 times of hearing it.

Usually I listen to the songs twice before doing anything (the first time without even looking at the countries)

The third time, I make the first cut. Sometimes it's pretty big and other times only 5 songs are cut (this will be during this weekend)

The fourth time, I try cutting it down to the final top 15, but sometimes it's a bit more.

Then I rank the songs during one or two listening sessions (sometimes I feel sure enough to just take the first ranking. Other times, I give it another go)