website statistics

Totallympics Annual International Song Contest 2017

2 hours ago, tuniscof said:

1) Maltese ;)  btw it's almost like tunisian spoken dialect , so some words sound like arabic :p 

i dont know why but i think the people form Malta speak in french, the Maltese exist!!, i made my father listen some of the music and he said "all sound arabic", in this case he didnt wrong at all :lol:

il y a 44 minutes, konig a déclaré:

i dont know why but i think the people form Malta speak in french, the Maltese exist!!, i made my father listen some of the music and he said "all sound arabic", in this case he didnt wrong at all :lol:

i almost understand most of the words that they say in the song :p without looking at the english translation

People really seem to spend a crazy amount of time to select their 12 favorite songs ... i guess me and the best man are completely different. I never understood why someone would need 2 weeks to hand in his votes ... its not like all the songs were selected on deadline day ... most of the songs have been around for many weeks already.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

hace 9 minutos, OlympicsFan said:

People really seem to spend a crazy amount of time to select their 12 favorite songs ... i guess me and the best man are completely different. I never understood why someone would need 2 weeks to hand in his votes ... its not like all the songs were selected on deadline day ... most of the songs have been around for many weeks already.

I don't understand that either, I always get it done in an afternoon or a night :d and I listen all the songs at once, not progressively as they come out like most people here do. 

PS. I haven't listen any song yet. I'll do it tomorrow or the day after.

Edited by LDOG

vor 5 Minuten schrieb LDOG:

I don't understand that either, I always get it done in an afternoon or a night :d and I listen all the songs at once, not progressively as they come out like most people here do. 

PS. I haven't listen any song yet. I'll do it tomorrow or the day after.

Thats very smart in my opinion, if you take too much time, you will have forgotten the songs you listened to first by the time you listen to the last songs. In addition to that you should listen to all songs the same day, otherwise your mood/the weather and so on will influence your decision without you even noticing it.

I guess we have something in common if you really didnt listen to the songs yet.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

I can explain why I take time to vote during a longer period of time.

Firstly, it is proven that you need to listen to a song more than 2,3 times to fully experience the effect of it and to realise its full potential.

Secondly, I make 3-4 day breaks after every consecutive re-listening in order to see how time changes my perception of a song.

Also, ranking your selected songs on different days help you achieve more well-rounded results, because there are always mood swings (after that you can averagely see which songs constantly do well and which tend to jump around in your rankings)

Then, after you have your twelve, there's another ranking required, because your brain gets accustomed to the order in which the songs are played, so you mix them up to see how they rank once the listening order is not specific

Final listen to the top 12 to see that you are certainly happy with your decisions and you don't need to regret your votes after 2 days of sending them.

Long story short, if your song got points from me, it travelled a long and tough road through my selection process :d

At the moment I am down to 12, but I'm having trouble shaking off 13th and 14th places as they deserve the points as well.