website statistics

Totallympics Annual International Song Contest 2017

Song selection window closed late last night and that does mean we have lost Spain since they did not select a song.

The host voting window will end on Thursday night so from Friday morning people can start sending their votes in!

Just a quick reminder of how the voting works:

• You need to pick your top 12 songs and award your favourite 12 points, second favourite 11 and so on until 1.
  • You also need to pick 2 reserve songs just in case any countries fail to send their votes and are eliminated.
  • Votes must be sent to me by private message only

Here's a template so you can't go wrong:

12 points:

11 points:

10 points:

9 points:

8 points:

7 points:

6 points:

5 points:

4 points:

3 points:

2 points:

1 point:

Reserve 1:

Reserve 2:

The voting deadline is 31st March 2017

Happy voting!

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Werloc:

Well, if we don't get any changes in the song selection, then I already have my 12 and 11 points pretty clear and seven countries that'll get points from me seems to be decided already (just don't know the order). Other than that, there are another 15 songs that have a chance to make it.

First impressions after listening to all of the songs could be described by one word - bland. Perhaps I'll end up liking the songs more and I'll change my mind, but so far, there are not many great vocalists or brilliant instrumentals that I can stand behind, also it seemed like quite a few countries picked songs without character. Sure, there are songs that will probably get a fair amount of points at the end of the day, but there are so many songs similar to them in the contest alone.

It was the first time that I didn't know a single song from the nominated ones, although I knew some of the artists. What was surprising for me is that this year my chart is mostly dominated by countries that usually didn't get votes from me, although I had noticed a tendency that a few countries always did well in my rankings, this year I felt underwhelmed by a few of my favourites.

Anyways, I'll re-listen to the songs at the end of the week and perhaps I'll see (hear) them in a different light.

Hopefully the :GER entry is not describable as that bland ;) 

7 hours ago, catgamer said:

Hopefully the :GER entry is not describable as that bland ;) 

Well, it wouldn't be fair to answer that now, I guess we'll have to wait for the votes in order to find out. :) Whatever the result will be, I'm still very glad to have Germany back in the game :yes

vor 15 Stunden schrieb Werloc:

Well, it wouldn't be fair to answer that now, I guess we'll have to wait for the votes in order to find out. :) Whatever the result will be, I'm still very glad to have Germany back in the game :yes

Thanks for the kind words :d 

I really appreciate being back too for this contest :d (unfortanetely though without my compatriot @OlympicsFan agreeing with the selected song :( )

2 rounds later and I am down to 16 songs. Going to take another break before re-listening to them in order to cut to 12 and probably with another break I'll re-listen to the twelve to see if I am content with my votes. My excel file looks like a horrid mess, but it helps to get the job done. :d