website statistics

Totallympics Annual International Song Contest 2017

hace 40 minutos, OlympicsFan said:

1) Do you happen to know how many nations we had last year in this contest?

2) What is your take on one user entering the contest for multiple nations (assuming that no one else is willing to represent them)?

1) 34 in the Annual contest, 33 in the Open one.

2) Someone forgot to write it in the rules for some reason, but we have established since the first contest that a user can only represent one nation. And it has to be the nation he/she chose to represent in this forum (not necessarily the one the user was born in, e.g. Wanderer is serbian but he represented New Zealand out of sympathy cuz he moved there). In your case it has to be Germany, unless you wish to change your country. 

Edited by LDOG

Representing more than one country would make one major problem.

Either it would give unfair advantages, as you would be able to vote for a song that you had selected yourself.

Or else it would give unfair advantages, because some countries would have less potential voters.

hace 2 minutos, Agger said:

Representing more than one country would make one major problem.

Either it would give unfair advantages, as you would be able to vote for a song that you had selected yourself.

Or else it would give unfair advantages, because some countries would have less potential voters.

Exactly. The only way it could work is if we were to set a number of nations that every participant has to present a song for. For example, 2 nations.

The problem is that it could reduce interest in the contest since many people either don't feel like presenting a song for any country other than their own or they simply don't have the time to do so.

1 minute ago, LDOG said:

Exactly. The only way it could work is if we were to set a number of nations that every participant has to present a song for. For example, 2 nations.

The problem is that it could reduce interest in the contest since many people either don't feel like presenting a song for any country other than their own or they simply don't have the time to do so.

I agree (though I would love to represent Sweden now that they're absent)

2 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

1) Do you happen to know how many nations we had last year in this contest?

2) What is your take on one user entering the contest for multiple nations (assuming that no one else is willing to represent them)?

There were 34 last year!

I don't think representing multiple nations would work, but we do have the festival of music where all users can post songs from 2 countries that are not represented in the contest, so if there was a particular song you want to share from another country you can do it there.

After much deliberation I have chosen the Irish representative for TISC Annual 2017. I present to you the song "Bad Decisions" by the band Two Door Cinema Club. Hope you enjoy! :yes

Ireland-flag-sample-2016081356.png

IRELAND

Ireland-flag-sample-2016081356.png

Two Door Cinema Club - Bad Decisions

Edited by OlympicIRL