website statistics

European Winter Youth Olympic Festival 2017

hckošice

People are enjoying it :d

9b0287b7a9.jpg

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Bookmakers have the bets at "will Russia win with more or less than 38.5 goals difference"? :d 

d55c823523.png

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Bookmakers have the bets at "will Russia win with more or less than 38.5 goals difference"? :d 

d55c823523.png

ofc they will ;) last period will be disastrous for Turkey, already now they are too much tired, It´s really a while I haven´t see so slow skating, And really Russia is clearly not trying their best this is just some 50% of what they can if they want..maybe even less

sorry to say that but in this sport you just can´t allow to play teams from such different level to play each other, this is just boring in term of level and atractivity of the game and what is more important absolutely demoralizing for the eventual future of this sport in these "small" nations...I´m always for the participation of small and exotic countries in sport, but it just can not work in some sports as ice hockey..

It´s certainly was a huge moment for Turkish boys to play this tournament and for example to play against the currently best hockey youngs players from Russia, but where is the sense of that ? just demoralizing and I can see that many of the Turkey players from todays match will not continue the hockey later...

1 hour ago, hckosice said:

sorry to say that but in this sport you just can´t allow to play teams from such different level to play each other, this is just boring in term of level and atractivity of the game and what is more important absolutely demoralizing for the eventual future of this sport in these "small" nations...I´m always for the participation of small and exotic countries in sport, but it just can not work in some sports as ice hockey..

It´s certainly was a huge moment for Turkish boys to play this tournament and for example to play against the currently best hockey youngs players from Russia, but where is the sense of that ? just demoralizing and I can see that many of the Turkey players from todays match will not continue the hockey later...

On the other hand, now they can say "so we played against some of the best youth players in the world, this kind of loss is normal", whereas if they had lost 20-0 to a B or C-level nation, it would be much more painful.. 

18 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

On the other hand, now they can say "so we played against some of the best youth players in the world, this kind of loss is normal", whereas if they had lost 20-0 to a B or C-level nation, it would be much more painful.. 

Well, keep in mind they played at home, the first match in a "olympic" tournament, something you dream for since you are a kid and then you just realize that you are some galaxy weaker than the teams fighting for glory and players who will likely gain their life thanks this sport, but you´ll probably remains only a amateur player in a country when your sport is just unknown and will never have any chance to move up from the lowest divisions for example..this all can be very demoralizing, but if they play only in their division and lose or win matches by only let say 3-4 goals difference, eventually win medals in their divisions they will all remains happy and enjoy their further improvemenet of hockey, but now they know they will never be so good as they dream for...

I still remember that slaughter of Bulgaria in the womens olympic qualifiers, just because some officials thought it will be a great idea to offer the same chances for teams from different categories in a normal olympic qualifying tournament, we all know what happened, after 3 huge debacles with Latvia, Italy and Croatia came the 82-0 from our girls (which still aren´t nothing so extremely special) I remember this just destroyed the womens hocey in Bulgaria, they needed few more years to try a restart with some new girls

I mean it´s just still not the time yet to mix high and low divisions teams to play together in ice hockey, this sport has still too much important differences between different divisions, ofc it´s better than some decades before but still too big differences