website statistics

Winter Universiade 2017

hckošice

6 minutes ago, hckosice said:

well 61-13 SOG it´s really something we don´t see so often at international level. but I´m not familiar with the real levels of the teams here, I know our players play the relatively solid university league, some of them play in our second/third tier championship clubs. and we really rarely (or never) play matches against second or lowest divisions hockey countries, so it´s nice to see this comming at least at the universiade. if my knowledge is correct this was only the second SVK-GBR official match in history, the first one was7-1 in September 1993 in Sheffield during the Lillehammer 1994 olympic qualification, just 1 year after our independance when IIHF incomprehensibly and shamefully forced us to play the C pool (Equivalent of todays Division II)

This is the exact feeling I have in all team sports at Universiades :p 

"Oh this country is good at this sport, they might win this!" and then it turns out they sent some small town school's team or something :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, ahjfcshfghb said:

Must have been quite funny for us Czechs when you had to play in Division II...

Poor poor Slovakia

but lol in 1994 the pool C teams was Slovakia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Ukraine and only 1 year before 1993 also Latvia :lol: you can immagine the feelings of all other countries to suddenly got all this bunch of opponents in their divisions :d

Anyway at least there was a great lobby work from our president and ice hockey federation + old stars which worked very hard and succesfully got the invitation for us to play the Lillehammer qualification (which we thankfully won) and organize the C pool WCh at home (which we won) and next year again to organize the B pool WCh (which we won) again at Home and in the minimum possible time of 2 years advanced to the top dividons in all mens categories.

14 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

This is the exact feeling I have in all team sports at Universiades :p 

"Oh this country is good at this sport, they might win this!" and then it turns out they sent some small town school's team or something :p 

exact, also I´m very interested by  which criterias was provided the draw of this competition we are in the same group with both North americans, and in other group there for example both Japan and South Korea in the same group, we´ll see the real level next days, I suppose Kazakhstan will be also with Russia the top favorites, there are always at universiades.

4 minutes ago, hckosice said:

exact, also I´m very interested by  which criterias was provided the draw of this competition we are in the same group with both North americans, and in other group there for example both Japan and South Korea in the same group, we´ll see the real level next days, I suppose Kazakhstan will be also with Russia the top favorites, there are always at universiades.

Kazakhstan does have some strong teams here....for example their women's biathlon team is simply their full-on World Cup relay squad :d 

Nearly the same for the men and in speed skating they have world class sprinters like Roman Krech and Yekaterina Aydova. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

8 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Kazakhstan does have some strong teams here....for example their women's biathlon team is simply their full-on World Cup relay squad :d 

Nearly the same for the men and in speed skating they have world class sprinters like Roman Krech and Yekaterina Aydova. 

you know Kazakhstan is number one :d

2 minutes ago, hckosice said:

you know Kazakhstan is number one :d

z6hHeKz.gif

Kazakhstan 16-0 vs China so far with 76-8 SOG....I think Kazakhstan entered all their best players in a university or something :d 

39 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Kazakhstan 16-0 vs China so far with 76-8 SOG....I think Kazakhstan entered all their best players in a university or something :d 

Kazakhstan - China  22-0 loooool..I don´t know what to think about this result, I see some relatively famous names among the Kazakh scorers but still I´ll not say that they are something special, but probably it´s just the Chinese who are weak as hell