website statistics

Winter Universiade 2017

hckošice

1 hour ago, hckosice said:

19:00 first video :wall::facepalm::wall: and she did it 3 TIMES !!! even during the medals redistribution

Ouch :lol:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I had totally missed this by the way, it's from 20 January already, another bit about Bruna :d 

https://almaty2017.com/media/blogs/2017/01/30/brazilskaya-sportsmenka-bruna-moura/

Guess who suggested telling about wanting to visit Medeo's legendary speed skating rink :evil:

And she is mentioned in this local bit about the 5k classic.... :d 

http://wintersportalatau.kz/ru/news/1185-v_lyzhno_biatlonnom_komplekse_alatau_startovala_28_ja_vsemirnaja_zimnaja_universiada/

"Brazilian Bruna Moura so hard to start the race, which is one of the lifts lost her balance and fell.  "

Not entirely true, she didn't fall :p 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

11 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I had totally missed this by the way, it's from 20 January already, another bit about Bruna :d 

https://almaty2017.com/media/blogs/2017/01/30/brazilskaya-sportsmenka-bruna-moura/

Guess who suggested telling about wanting to visit Medeo's legendary speed skating rink :evil:

And she is mentioned in this local bit about the 5k classic.... :d 

http://wintersportalatau.kz/ru/news/1185-v_lyzhno_biatlonnom_komplekse_alatau_startovala_28_ja_vsemirnaja_zimnaja_universiada/

"Brazilian Bruna Moura so hard to start the race, which is one of the lifts lost her balance and fell.  "

Not entirely true, she didn't fall :p 

" she wants to attend other competitions, experience the Olympic atmosphere and visit the sports facilities around Almaty "

How does one experience the Olympic atmosphere at the Universiade? :p

#banbestmen

1 minute ago, dcro said:

" she wants to attend other competitions, experience the Olympic atmosphere and visit the sports facilities around Almaty "

How does one experience the Olympic atmosphere at the Universiade? :p

"I hope to visit some other competitions and take in the 'Olympic' atmosphere in and around the Athlete's Village and the sports venues."

Those are the exact words I wrote, take note at the 'Olympic' instead of only Olympic, they didn't see this nuance :d :spank:

Snow at the track in Medeo again, these images are so beautiful :wub:

They remind me of the 2005 single distance world champs in Inzell (which nowadays is very, very sadly an indoor track) when some unknown Norwegians took medals including gold and our Barbara de Loor suddenly won a world title :d 

Loor-de-Barbara-060305-20-720x440.jpg

Edited by heywoodu

15:27,01 in race 1 of the 10k, it would have been a world record in 1968 :d 

This is all just fantastic, rider sliding through the snow like he's an alpine skier, track workers on the ice during the races to take some snow away....I feel like I'm watching pictures of the times before the first Winter Olympics :wub:

This 10k today must be one of the best speed skating races I have ever seen (and I've seen a lot :lol:) in terms of beauty and old-school and everything, I'm in love with this race :d 

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

This 10k today must be one of the best speed skating races I have ever seen (and I've seen a lot :lol:) in terms of beauty and old-school and everything, I'm in love with this race :d 

You can luckily enjoy it for few more hours. :d

#banbestmen