website statistics

Air Sports Discussion Thread

Quasit

5 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

The FAI World Paragliding Accuracy Championships due to be held in Serbia have been suspended after the IOC reminded international federations about the ability of athletes of all nationalities to participate. I don’t know why that would be a problem with Serbia :p (this is sarcasm)

Please, FAI even held one event in Northern Cyprus lol

39 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

Please, FAI even held one event in Northern Cyprus lol

Well technically that means that they were representing all athletes since the Republic of Northern Cyprus has an NOC I believe.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 ore fa, Olympian1010 ha scritto:

Well technically that means that they were representing all athletes since the Republic of Northern Cyprus has an NOC I believe.

Republic of northern Cyprus isn't recognized by any state (except Turkey). The 1974 Turkish invasion was one of the lowest point of the Europe after the II WW

On 23/11/2018 at 22:45, Gianlu33 said:

Republic of northern Cyprus isn't recognized by any state (except Turkey). The 1974 Turkish invasion was one of the lowest point of the Europe after the II WW

Right they do technically have an unrecognized NOC

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 1 year later...

2022 World Air Games Cancellation news: https://games24.totallympics.com/?p=1666