Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Sign in to follow this  
MantaRaymarc

Boxing 2016 Discussion Thread

Federer91    200

Last night Kubrat Pulev beat by a 2:1 split decision Derek Chisora to win the European heavyweight championship for the second time. Kubrat dominated the match, but his performance didn't impress me that much, certainly not on the level when he beat Dimitrenko, Ustinov and Thompson. Either way the win is very important and after one more match by the end of the year, he could get once again a shot at a World title.

Suneet    16

One of the greatest athletes of all-time, Mohammad Ali passes away at the age of 74. His presence at the opening ceremony of the 2012 games would be one of the most memorable moments from those games for me. RIP sir!

Edited by Suneet

mrv86    334
3 minutes ago, Suneet said:

One of the greatest athletes of all-time, Mohammad Ali passes away at the age of 74. His presence at the opening ceremony of the 2012 games would be one of the most memorable moments from those games for me. RIP sir!

I just was reading about it... may one of the greatest boxers RIP!

Gianlu33    726

RIP Ali :(  

Edited by Gianlu33

hckosice    1,434

our 15 years old girl is slovak first ever european champion :thumbup: just read about it. Jessica Triebeľová won last week the under 56 kg. class  during the womens youth and junior european championships in Ordu, Turkey. In gold medal bout she defeated a russian boxer.

Crazy result for our boxing. our first ever gold from any competition :d maybe a hope to have someone at olympics in boxing, just read that she already said to our medias she´s dreaming about competing in Buenos Aires youth olympics and Tokyo 2020 :) don´t know how much it is realistic, but it would be just awesome .

Congrats ! and Good luck Jess ! :cheer:

Mladučká Jessica Triebeľová (v

Mladučká Jessica Triebeľová v

Bearas    17

Well, interesting that there was some kind of response at all. But judging in boxing is killing this sport faster than ever. By this point I wouldn't mind boxing not showing up after 2020.

bestmen    703

Every boxing referee and judge from the Rio Olympics has been suspended

SOURCE

Spoiler

CHEATER REFEREES3d6f957b69150478ece4f011ce1b7c88.gif

Edited by bestmen

heywoodu    2,372
7 minutes ago, bestmen said:

Every boxing referee and judge from the Rio Olympics has been suspended

SOURCE

Reveal hidden contents

CHEATER REFEREES3d6f957b69150478ece4f011ce1b7c88.gif

To be clear: they are not specifically suspected of anything or even being punished, they are just not used while the investigation is going on :p