Basketball 2017 Discussion Thread

Yannakis

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:ARG:ISV:BRA:CAN:PAR:PUR all qualify for the women's basketball tournament at the 2019 Pan American Games.

If Colombia wins tomorrow they will also qualify. If Colombia loses and Mexico wins then the tiebreak between them will decide the final qualifying spot. The qualification system is the top 7 qualify for Lima + hosts. I am not sure about the USA situation though!

Still feels like yesterday when I sat in the arena watching the Canadian girls take gold in 2015 in Toronto! Time flies :p

10 minutes ago, intoronto said:

:ARG:ISV:BRA:CAN:PAR:PUR all qualify for the women's basketball tournament at the 2019 Pan American Games.

If Colombia wins tomorrow they will also qualify. If Colombia loses and Mexico wins then the tiebreak between them will decide the final qualifying spot. The qualification system is the top 7 qualify for Lima + hosts. I am not sure about the USA situation though!

Still feels like yesterday when I sat in the arena watching the Canadian girls take gold in 2015 in Toronto! Time flies :p

I would expect USA to be given the 7th spot... btw what an amazing result for US Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico... on the other hand, terrible performance by Mexico, Colombia and Cuba in particular.

17 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

I would expect USA to be given the 7th spot... btw what an amazing result for US Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico... on the other hand, terrible performance by Mexico, Colombia and Cuba in particular.

Im not too sure. The qualification system approved top 7 here for Lima 2019. This is also a great result for Paraguay!

Groups for 2018 Commonwealth Games

Men's Group A: Australia, Nigeria, New Zealand, Canada

Men's Group B: England, Cameroon, India, Scotland

Women's Group A: Australia, Canada, England, Mozambique

Women's Group B: New Zealand, Jamaica, India, Malaysia

Note: The competition format is the same as women's hockey at the Winter Olympics.

Source:http://www.fiba.com/news/men’s-and-women’s-groups-revealed-for-gold-coast-2018-commonwealth-games

Serbian u18 teams on fire. Men's team won gold medal and girls are in final :d :cheer:

This is after our semifinal match. Croatia and Serbian players are in the same hotel and they celebrated together our medal :d This is very nice :)

So... :PUR PUR 75-68 :BRA

Good news:
Puerto Rico qualifies for the women's World Cup for the first time. :clap::clap:

Bad news: 

Brazil will not participate in the World Cup. I think that shows the shame that has become our women's basketball. Incidentally, I think this is good news, at least we will not participate to lose from -50 to -60 for European teams. :rofl:

BASKETBALL COMMUNITY EMBRACES NEW .BASKETBALL DIGITAL IDENTITY

MIES, Switzerland - Some significant milestones have been achieved by FIBA in its objective to establish a new digital identity, linking the global basketball community together via the .basketball Top Level Domain.

Adoption and use of .basketball names is rapidly occurring in all segments of the basketball family.

FIBA led the way, changing its digital identity to 
fiba.basketball and also establishing .basketball domain names for its premier events:

FIBA Basketball World Cup 2019 in China: WorldCup.basketball;
Continental Cups: AfroBasket.basketballAmeriCup.basketball, 
AsiaCup.basketballEuroBasket.basketball;
Basketball Champions League: ChampionsLeague.basketball;
3x3 Basketball: FIBA3x3.basketball.

FIBA has received a tremendous response with a wide variety of the game's stakeholders excitedly moving to embrace the .basketball digital identity. Since the project was launched on June 15, some of the basketball world's foremost entities have adopted .basketball: 

National Federations: Canada: Canada.basketball; Lithuania: LTU.basketball
Tunisia: 
Tunisia.basketball; New Zealand: NZ.basketball; Puerto Rico: Puertorico.basketball; Switzerland: Swiss.basketball;
International Federation: the International Wheelchair Basketball Federation (IWBF): 
Wheelchair.basketball;
Clubs: Australian NBL club New Zealand Breakers:
 NZBreakers.basketball; Slovenian national champion Olimpija Ljubljana: Olimpija.basketball; and German club MHP RIESEN Ludwigsburg: MHP-Riesen.basketball;
Basketball Camp: United States' famed Five-Star Basketball Camp program:
 Fivestar.basketball;
3x3 player: FIBA 3x3 star and number one 3x3 player in the world Dusan Bulut:
 Bulut3x3.basketball.

Michele O'Keefe, Canada Basketball President & CEO, said: "Canada Basketball is thrilled to be included amongst the early adopters of the .basketball domain name as we continue to look for ways to strengthen our brand both on and off the court. Utilizing new and innovative ways to help tell the stories of our athletes and teams, we envision Canada.basketball as a future home for all things hoops in our country."

Dillon Boucher, General Manager of the SKYCITY Breakers, added: "We are excited to be amongst the innovators in claiming our new .basketball digital identity with NZBreakers.basketball. It is an honour to be chosen as a lead in making our brand and our community stronger with a .basketball domain name. Despite an increasingly crowded and noisy internet, .basketball not only makes it very clear who SKYCITY Breakers are, but it also unifies the rest of the global basketball community in one distinct home."

Working with its partner, Roar.basketball, FIBA is making a priority access available to all 213 of its National Federations, their respective members (leagues, clubs, players, etc.) as well as other key stakeholders of the basketball community.

http://www.basketball.ca/en/news-article/basketball-community-embraces-new-basketball-digital-identity