website statistics

Shooting 2017 Discussion Thread

Gianlu33

vor einer Stunde schrieb LDOG:

I agree in everything except:

-I think TKD needs a few more weight categories (too many people are currently fighting above/below their normal weight just to be in the olympics, it's dangerous).

-Also I think in Fencing you meant 12 events and not 6.

-I would axe men's Football and use all that quota for men's and women's Futsal instead, but I guess you won't like it cuz Germany is just starting to play it :d

You are right about taekwondo, i wanted to say that IOC should add some weight categories (because taekwondo seems to be an extremely developed sport), but than i thought: In taekwondo the weight is far less important than in boxing/wrestling/judo, so they probably dont need more weight categories ...

I think taekwondo has the same rights as the other fighting sports, so there is really no reason to deny them the right to have as many weight categories as those other sports.

About fencing: Yes, of course ... i think team events shouldnt have to "rotate", all 6 team events should constantly be part of the programme.

Mens football should be cut, unless they remove the U23 rule. Womens football should stay in my opinion. I dont think that futsal is more popular than womens football, so i dont really see the benefit + i dont think that womens futsal is very developed?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

hace 22 minutos, OlympicsFan said:

You are right about taekwondo, i wanted to say that IOC should add some weight categories (because taekwondo seems to be an extremely developed sport), but than i thought: In taekwondo the weight is far less important than in boxing/wrestling/judo, so they probably dont need more weight categories ...

I think taekwondo has the same rights as the other fighting sports, so there is really no reason to deny them the right to have as many weight categories as those other sports.

About fencing: Yes, of course ... i think team events shouldnt have to "rotate", all 6 team events should constantly be part of the programme.

Mens football should be cut, unless they remove the U23 rule. Womens football should stay in my opinion. I dont think that futsal is more popular than womens football, so i dont really see the benefit + i dont think that womens futsal is very developed?

no, no, I said cut just men's football, women's football stays of course.

16 men's teams of 18 players is 288 quota total. If we say futsal squads could do with 12 players, then we have enough free quota for 24 teams, so we can have 12 men and 12 women teams for the futsal program :d about popularity hmmm, it's difficult to say, I think men's futsal and women's football have equal popularity right now. They have different markets I guess... women's football is more popular in northern Europe, East Asia and USA. Futsal instead is more popular in mediterranean countries, latin america, the middle east and southeast Asia.

Edited by LDOG

• 3 weeks later...

Serbian mixed team are amazing. Second year in a row both teams won gold medals at EC. :yes

This could be interesting on Olympics, it is funny to watch. But still... I hope that all best teams will be on some world cup this year.

Edited by dareza

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...