website statistics

Taekwondo 2016 Discussion Thread

mrv86

The entry lists for the Third Olympic qualification tournament can be found on the following link:

Pan American Qualification Tournament Entries

If these are definite, then Honduras and Puerto Rico will secure another quota in the heaviest women's division.

The tournament will be hosted in Mexico next week, but as the country has secured maximum number of athletes, they will use it to select the athletes that will go to Rio in three categories (excepting women's -49)

Well, I have investigated a bit and there is no indications that Cuba and Dominican R. will not participate (there are articles about them announcing their teams). Their registration just doesn't seem to be ackowledged by the site for now... I guess.@Pabloffo Chile seems to just have picked other male categories.

Obviously I only care about Guzmán and Crismanich doing well, I don't see either of our women qualifying. Guzmán is the top ranked of the category but he has two dangerous opponents he could face before the final (Muñoz and Pie). Crismanich on the other hand doesn't seem to me like he has opponents anywhere near his level except for Lopez (which he shouldn't be facing before the final). But he just came back from a year long injury in February, so... regardless, I have a hope that if he misses quota he still can get the WC for -80kg as Brazil won't participate in that category.

Yes, these entries could be wrong. For example, before the Oceanian tournament they contained Marshall Islands (who didn't compete) and they didn't contain Solomon Islands (who did compete). Though, well done Honduras, I guess.

We also had interesting Oceanian qualification last week, where Tonga defeated New Zealand and where Papua New Guinea denied another one of those "refugee" quotas.

#banbestmen

Just now, dcro said:

Yes, these entries could be wrong. For example, before the Oceanian tournament they contained Marshall Islands (who didn't compete) and they didn't contain Solomon Islands (who did compete). Though, well done Honduras, I guess.

We also had interesting Oceanian qualification last week, where Tonga defeated New Zealand and where Papua New Guinea denied another one of those "refugee" quotas.

That Oceania OQT was one big joke :lol:

8 weight classes and a total of 16 competitors, in which 2 of them only had to show up and maybe sign their name or something to "win" the ticket :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

That Oceania OQT was one big joke :lol:

8 weight classes and a total of 16 competitors, in which 2 of them only had to show up and maybe sign their name or something to "win" the ticket :p 

Well, the same thing is going to happen at the Pan Am tournament where Puerto Rican and Honduran girl will just have to show up in women's +67. :d

#banbestmen

Just now, dcro said:

Well, the same thing is going to happen at the Pan Am tournament where Puerto Rican and Honduran girl will just have to show up in women's +67. :d

I thought that you just said these entries could still be wrong (incomplete) :d 

But at least as a whole, the tournament actually is a tournament. In Oceania there were 2 classes with one competitor, 4 classes with two competitors and 2 classes with three competitors. No classes with more than 3 :facepalm:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

I thought that you just said these entries could still be wrong (incomplete) :d 

But at least as a whole, the tournament actually is a tournament. In Oceania there were 2 classes with one competitor, 4 classes with two competitors and 2 classes with three competitors. No classes with more than 3 :facepalm:

Some Olympic paths are easy, some are not. :p

#banbestmen