website statistics

Equestrian 2017 Discussion Thread

dcro

7 hours ago, dcro said:

:ARG Maria Florencia Manfredi has been invited to take part at the dressage WC final in Omaha in few weeks! :thumbup::cheer:@konig

I love her reaction in this interview: “Amazing!” the 34-year-old rider exclaimed after she was told she had qualified for the final of the 32nd World Cup Final. “I can’t believe it. I need to go celebrate tonight." :d

http://www.dressage-news.com/2017/03/01/maria-florencia-manfredi-becomes-first-argentine-to-win-dressage-world-cup-final-start/

She will be the first Argentine rider to compete in the history of dressage WC finals. She got invited as the highest ranked rider outside of Europe/North America/Pacific.

It's sad that she apparently has zero support from Argentinian NOC & federation, according to this interview. :(

Thanks Dcro, i see this some hours ago and i shared in our facebook sports site of course, is like LDOG says, only the jumpers have support, the eventing team are like Manfredi, is ALL her merit this, our federation/state dont have nothing to do with this.

4 hours ago, konig said:

Thanks Dcro, i see this some hours ago and i shared in our facebook sports site of course, is like LDOG says, only the jumpers have support, the eventing team are like Manfredi, is ALL her merit this, our federation/state dont have nothing to do with this.

Only one curiosity :p Manfredi has Italian origins? Btw, congrats for this historic milestone. its great to see that the sport continues to grow worldwide.

10 hours ago, Gianlu33 said:

Only one curiosity :p Manfredi has Italian origins? Btw, congrats for this historic milestone. its great to see that the sport continues to grow worldwide.

Like many argentinians, she is decendent from italians, between descendent of spanish and italians, you have at least the 50% por the argentinians (in my case both, my last name is Orlandi), argentinians who traveled to Italy told to me that the most part of you dont know nothing about this :p

3 hours ago, konig said:

Like many argentinians, she is decendent from italians, between descendent of spanish and italians, you have at least the 50% por the argentinians (in my case both, my last name is Orlandi), argentinians who traveled to Italy told to me that the most part of you dont know nothing about this :p

Oh, you are italian too :p Btw, i know that all south american and north american country have been the destination of so many Italian migrants, I myself have some relatives in Brazil and the USA ;) 

One of my favourite shows of the year, the "Al Shaqab" in :QAT Doha, is being held this week.

Today we had the Grand Prix qualifier in dressage.

:GER Isabell Werth (Don Johnson) - 77.600%

:DEN Cathrine Dufour (Cassidy) - 76.820% :wub:

:DEN Anna Kasprzak (Donnperignon) - 73.560%

... full results

Tomorrow is the final day of the show. Highlights include...

Dressage Grand Prix Special at 8:30 (6:30 CET)

Dressage Grand Prix Freestyle at 14:30 (12:30 CET)

Jumping Main Competition at 17:00 (15:00 CET)

Everything will be live streamed HERE.

#banbestmen

It's the intermission in the jumping competition, 6 clears in the 1st round. 2nd round will start in about 30 mins.

EDIT: It was Scott Brash who claimed the win at the end.

Meanwhile. dressage competitions are completed. :GER Werth won the freestyle with 81%, :DEN Dufour second with 80%, :DEN Kasprzak third with 78%. Another Dane, Rikke Svane, was also in top 6, so excellent day for them. :)

However, the highlight was Anna Kasprzak performing the incredible "vertigo sequence" of flying changes (or however that sequence is called :p)... Too bad that judges didn't really reward her that much. Must have been the first time that someone successfully performed such sequence. Incredibly difficult.

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

47 minutes ago, dcro said:

@OlympicIRL Judy Reynolds won the big Signal Iduna Cup freestyle in Dortmund yesterday, first 5* victory. Quite a moment to see Irish anthemn being played in front of few thousand spectators, as it's the case in Germany. :)

4f868118c64142a0a9f100c5137f1f7c.png ded0d4d70a084908b43a16c917c18948.png

Wow, that is fantastic news! :bounce:

I never thought I would see the day that an Irish rider wins a 5 star event in dressage and to do it in Germany in front of a big crowd is even more special. Very proud of our duo :)

2 hours ago, OlympicIRL said:

Wow, that is fantastic news! :bounce:

I never thought I would see the day that an Irish rider wins a 5 star event in dressage and to do it in Germany in front of a big crowd is even more special. Very proud of our duo :)

Looking good too for Omaha in a couple of weeks. :) After Rio she completely changed her freestyle's floorplan and music. Litterally went from having one of the easier floorplans to having one of the hardest, if not the hardest. Great potential for some high scores with that. :yes

#banbestmen

Just now, dcro said:

Looking good too for Omaha in a couple of weeks. :) After Rio she completely changed her freestyle's floorplan and music. Litterally went from having one of the easier floorplans to having one of the hardest, if not the hardest. Great potential for some high scores with that. :yes

That sounds promising. Do you think Vancouver K can keep going for the next Olympics?