Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

dcro

Equestrian 2017 Discussion Thread

dcro    974

Neumunster WC in dressage about to kick off.

Intriguing one for me, as all three of my favs (Krinke Susmelj, Oatley, Reynolds) are competing here and can pretty much secure their places at the WC Final. :d

Edited by dcro

dcro    974

That crowd in Neumunster :bowdown:

Oatley and Krinke did really well. :) Reynolds unfortunately had a nightmerish start but managed to recover rather nicely to finish 10th. Just two more qualifying stages left. :fingers:

dcro    974

Talk about a close encounter with a judge, starting at 6:07 :lol:

dcro    974

5th start, 5th WC win for Isabell Werth this season, this time with Emilio. :bowdown: Even before this win in Gothenburg she had a maximum of 80 pts.

Meanwhile, the calendar for the Event Rider Masters 2017 has been released. 7 stages in three nations, expansion from the first season which only had events in Great Britain. However, the thing I love about ERM are their broadcasts. High quality, knowledgeable and funny commentators, "nerds" from EquiRatings talking about rider/horse statistics :lol:, interviews with riders/favourites during the competition etc. It's just an awesome presentation of the eventing. :)

Edited by dcro

dcro    974

Driving WC final in Gothburg kicked off today with some shocking results!

Overnight leader is :SUI Voutaz, closely followed by :HUN Dobrovitz. Big favourites, :AUS Exell, :NED de Ronde and :NED Chardon had a bad day. Exell and de Ronde are 3rd and 4th overnight, so still with a chance. Meanwhile, an absolute legend and the defending champion Chardon is way out of it, back in 7th place.

Results - time differences will be halved and will be used as starting penalties for tomorrow's decider.

Vojthas    19

:POL Dawid Kubiak, :HUN Gábor Szabó jr and :EST Rein Pill qualified for Jumping WC Final in Omaha from Central European League.

dcro    974
16 minutes ago, Vojthas said:

:POL Dawid Kubiak, :HUN Gábor Szabó jr and :EST Rein Pill qualified for Jumping WC Final in Omaha from Central European League.

Awesome! I'm intrigued by that very unknown Estonian. :d

dcro    974

Crazy WC in Gothenburg with :SWE von Eckermann taking a win at home. :cheer:

However, the most intriguing part was the battle for the final places at the WC final in Omaha! 18 riders that will represent Western Europe are...

:FRA Kevin Staut - 78

:ITA Lorenzo de Luca - 67

:IRL Denis Lynch - 64

:SWE Henrik von Eckermann - 59

:GER Ludger Beerbaum - 56

:SUI Steve Guerdat - 47

:GER Guido Klatte - 47

:BEL Gregory Wathelet - 45

:NED Leopold van Asten - 44

:FRA Simon Delestre - 44

:SUI Romain Duguet - 43

:COL Carlos Lopez - 43 - extra athlete

:GER Holger Wulschner - 42

:GER Marcus Ehning - 41

:AUT Max Kuhner - 41

:ESP Sergio Alverez Moya - 40

:BEL Nicola Philippaerts - 39

:FRA Olivier Robert - 39

:GER Markus Brinkmann - 39

----------------------------------------

(reserves)

:NED Maikel van der Vleuten - 38

:SUI Martin Fuchs - 38

:GBR Scott Brash - 35

:BEL Pieter Devos - 35

Carlos Lopez is competing for Colombia, which is obviously not in Western Europe. However, since he ranked within the top 18 he gets to go as an extra athlete.

I'm not sure if Steve Guerdat is prequalified as the defending champion. If he is indeed prequalified then Maikel van der Vleuten will be invited too.

Some really big names failed to qualify, including current World No. 1 :GER Daniel Deusser. Another big German Christian Ahlmann is missing too. Scott Brash once again fails, for the third time in a row...

On the other had, some very interesting names are in. Including Guido Klatte, Carlos Lopez, Markus Brinkmann and Olivier Robert. Who would think that Leopold van Asten will be the only Dutch in the final (for now). :yikes: Holger Wulschner meanwhile qualified for his first WC final since 1997!

Edited by dcro

dcro    974

Over at the Gothenburg driving finals, :AUS Boyd Exell came through to win his 7th title.

Gianlu33    379
2 hours ago, dcro said:

Over at the Gothenburg driving finals, :AUS Boyd Exell came through to win his 7th title.

I never watch it but hey, i like it :p But it's only a time race? :mumble:

dcro    974
5 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

I never watch it but hey, i like it :p But it's only a time race? :mumble:

Cool. :d And yes, it's similar to canoe slalom. If you knock a ball down you get five seconds penalty.

Here is an example of a full competition run. :)