Jump to content

Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account


dcro

Equestrian 2017 Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

dcro    972
2 hours ago, OlympicIRL said:

 

 

Stunning venue :wub:.

 

Great news about Judy also, I hadn't heard anything :)

 

 

It was just held this afternoon. By the way, I see that Anna Merveldt is on the start list for tomorrow's second Grand Prix. Apparently that will be her first competition at this level since 2014 WEG. :)

 

Oh, and looks like they uploaded the video. Beats any other venue IMO. :d

 

Edited by dcro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dcro    972

Meanwhile, :LUX Luxembourg jumping team earned a historic 2nd place at their home Nations Cup event. :woot: It was actually the first NC competition in Luxembourg in 25 years, and what a great gift for the home crowd.

 

I believe that's the first sports event I watched from Luxembourg. It was rather weird to hear all that cheering for :LUX:d

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OlympicIRL    515
2 hours ago, dcro said:

 

It was just held this afternoon. By the way, I see that Anna Merveldt is on the start list for tomorrow's second Grand Prix. Apparently that will be her first competition at this level since 2014 WEG. :)

 

Oh, and looks like they uploaded the video. Beats any other venue IMO. :d

 

 

 

Thanks for the video, lovely performance from Judy and Vancouver :)

 

Great news also about Anna.... hopefully we will see more Irish representation in future, Judy is tired waving that flag practically all on her own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gianlu33    379
17 hours ago, dcro said:

Perhaps my favourite annual equestrian event of the year started today, CDI Fritzens, Austria. :d These surroundings (especially when sunny)...

Wow, amazing venue :wub: Sadly after years than i follow equestrian (specially jump) i don't know how dressage events works :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dcro    972

There is a proposal going around about removing the coefficient that dressage has in eventing, and thus make dressage less influential. There is also an idea for replacing the current penalty system with positive scoring system (aka, person with the most points over the three days is the winner). If accepted, these changes will be introduced in 2018.

 

Meanwhile, Jonty&Art campaign has raised around 64K in the first 24 hours... Including the pocket money that a 10 year old girl from ireland has sent. Hopefully Jonty will get some help from celebrities, companies and media outlets to make this work.

Edited by dcro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dcro    972

CHIO Aachen main events start tomorrow. :woohoo: Wimbledon of equestrian, with full capacity stadiums. :d Here are the entries and results.

 

Meanwhile, it looks like :MKD Macedonia will likely compete at the European Jumping Championships in Gothenburg this summer! Luka Zaloznik switched allegiance from SLO to MKD last year, and apparently he fulfilled the qualifying criteria. :d

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gianlu33    379
4 hours ago, dcro said:

CHIO Aachen main events start tomorrow. :woohoo: Wimbledon of equestrian, with full capacity stadiums. :d Here are the entries and results.

 

Meanwhile, it looks like :MKD Macedonia will likely compete at the European Jumping Championships in Gothenburg this summer! Luka Zaloznik switched allegiance from SLO to MKD last year, and apparently he fulfilled the qualifying criteria. :d

So it's only a naturalizated atlete? :( I hope in an athlete that start equestrian in Macedonia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dcro    972
7 hours ago, Gianlu33 said:

So it's only a naturalizated atlete? :( I hope in an athlete that start equestrian in Macedonia

 

Well, he seems to be pretty into Macedonia with a helmet like this. :d Maybe he has some family connections.

 

19148922_1314065878712448_48642364014352

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OlympicIRL    515

The 100k milestone reached, but still a long way to go and with time running out. Come on Jonty and Art :fingers:

 

DEzJ0ZiXUAIntF7.jpg

 

 

Edited by OlympicIRL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dcro    972

Apparently there is a suggestion for renaming "Eventing Classics" into "Iron Horse Series". :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×