website statistics

Equestrian 2017 Discussion Thread

dcro

Victory for :NZL Nicholson! :hyper: Nobody saw that one coming!

Amazing, just amazing. Finally his first Badminton victory after 36 completions. :bowdown: In 2015 he almost finished in a wheelchair. Nobody deserved this victory more. :bowdown: So happy for him. :bounce:

Klimke had a complete heartbreak though. :( Dropped to 9th place, ouch.

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

294046114b7549608efa8aeb18042deb.png

Seriously, who wrote the script? :d Yes, he was right behind the leading two after XC, but his horse Nereo was quite clearly considered to be the worst jumper of the three.

Besides, Nicholson hasn't been the luckiest man in history. At the 1992 Olympics New Zealand was leading team competition by such a long way that Nicholson could get 7 fences down and still bring them gold. He dropped 9 fences on that occasion.

This will definitely take some beating in my "sports moment of the year" category. :d

#banbestmen

• 2 weeks later...

Second stage of Dressage Nations Cup will be held in Compiegne this weekend. Teams from :BEL:DEN:FRA:GBR:NED:SWE:USA will participate.

Today there was an opening 3* class, where :DEN Anna Zibrandtsen & Arlando showed some good potential. Denmark is really climbing up the ranks this year. If all goes well, they should be very serious contenders for team medal at this year's Europeans. :) That hasn't been the case for a while now.

#banbestmen

@dcro what do you think about the startlist of the 2017 Piazza di Siena? Our federation say that it's a big event whit a lot of nice name, but i'm not sure about it.. you can help me?

http://www.piazzadisiena.it/images/documenti/2017_CI_0162_S_S_01_master_list_1.pdf