website statistics

Equestrian 2017 Discussion Thread

dcro

Badminton cross-country course for this year has been unveiled. Rough and tough, as one should expect for Badminton. :d

It can be checked on cross-country app. Here is also the current entry list. There is also a wait list in case of withdrawals.

#banbestmen

Watched the draw for Badminton Horse Trials.

Horrible, of all riders in the World that could have helped with the draw, they chose the one (Emily King) that literally can't pronounce any non-English name. :facepalm: She couldn't even pronounce :ITA Arianna Schivo. She called Arianna as "he", upon attempting to read her name.. :facepalm:

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

37 minutes ago, dcro said:

Watched the draw for Badminton Horse Trials.

Horrible, of all riders in the World that could have helped with the draw, they chose the one (Emily King) that literally can't pronounce any non-English name. :facepalm: She couldn't even pronounce :ITA Arianna Schivo. She called Arianna as "he", upon attempting to read her name.. :facepalm:

"He"? Yes, so close :lol:

@hckosice I'm pretty sure Michael Bugan has just become the first Slovak to qualify for any dressage championships. :yeshttp://www.eurodressage.com/equestrian/2017/04/19/slovakian-michael-bugan-grabs-ermelo-qualification-young-horse-scarlett-o-harrah

Luckily, they don't call him Slovenian in this article, but they do call him "Slowakian" at one point... :p

#banbestmen

10 hours ago, dcro said:

@hckosice I'm pretty sure Michael Bugan has just become the first Slovak to qualify for any dressage championships. :yeshttp://www.eurodressage.com/equestrian/2017/04/19/slovakian-michael-bugan-grabs-ermelo-qualification-young-horse-scarlett-o-harrah

Luckily, they don't call him Slovenian in this article, but they do call him "Slowakian" at one point... :p

wow thats super cool, never heard about him or any other slovak dressage competitor, only the girl competing at paralympic in paradressage. thanks for the info :)

@OlympicIRL I'm very impressed with the size of the Irish team entered for Badminton this year. 10 riders! :yes Looking back at last year's results, there were only 4 Irish around.

This number may still grow, as Jim Newsam and Ciaran Glynn are 1st and 4th on the current wait list. :) That would make 12 Irish riders in the limited field of 85. :woot:

#banbestmen

6 minutes ago, dcro said:

@OlympicIRL I'm very impressed with the size of the Irish team entered for Badminton this year. 10 riders! :yes Looking back at last year's results, there were only 4 Irish around.

This number may still grow, as Jim Newsam and Ciaran Glynn are 1st and 4th on the current wait list. :) That would make 12 Irish riders in the limited field of 85. :woot:

Wow, that's great news. I haven't been up to date on eventing since Rio so this is news for me :)

25 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

@dcro Which are our best riders here would you say?

I'd say that Jonty Evans, Camilla Speirs, Sarah Ennis and Cathal Daniels are the ones to watch far.

Evans really had an excellent performance in Rio. Ennis and Speirs also had some eye-catching results lately. And, I mean, Camilla Speirs & Jiffy are just the ultimate crowd favourties. :d:bowdown: Cathal had a very promising 4* debut in Pau at the end of last season. His Badminton debut should be exciting. :)

Aoife Clark is also there, but she & Fernhill Adventure seem to be lacking some confidence across the country after some minor injury problems. They have apparently received 20 jumping penalties in XC in all three of their latest competitions. :(

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen