website statistics

Equestrian 2017 Discussion Thread

dcro

Lucky for me, today's jumping final starts at 21:00 CET, not 2:00 CET like previous two rounds. :p

There are actually two rounds of jumping today. 26 athletes will start in today's round A, 20 will advance to round B. It's very tight at the top, so it's all to play for. :cheer:

#banbestmen

McLain Ward clear again. :bowdown: Just one more round. Can he do the incredible clean sweep? Duguet is second, Wathelet dropped to third.

Special mention to :HUN Gabor Szabo Jr.. He finished 21st, but really nice showing for the Hungarian, especially on day 1. :)

#banbestmen

Wow, :USA McLain did it! Amazing clean sweep: win on day 1, win on day 2, double clear on the final day. Literally couldn't be better than that, perfection! :bowdown::yikes:

:SUI Romain Duguet gets a very surprising silver. Bronze for :SWE Henrik von Eckermann! :clap:

And very interestingly, three mares (female horses) on the podium. :d

#banbestmen

So that's it, the finals are over. And they were very successful: great competition, great organization. People are pretty much saying "the best finals ever". :)

Before competition started I thought there won't be much local interest, seeing how Nebraska has pretty much zero experience with equestrian events (just like unfamiliar sports get zero attendence at the Olympics, usually). But I was wrong, I loved how local community got engaged. Big interest, large crowds, and they literally had mini opening ceremonies before each competition. :bowdown:

McLain_Podium_1.jpg

#banbestmen

:BIH Bosnian rider gets 49% in Grand Prix at Zeeland. Must be the lowest Grand Prix score I've ever seen. :bowdown:

bdec602b1e4246ac85b5ca38befb326a.png

That's too bad really. When she started competing for Bosnia & Herzegovina in 2015 she was actually in the low 60% area. :p

#banbestmen