website statistics

Equestrian 2017 Discussion Thread

dcro

5 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

OMG, I can't believe it! This is a wonderful story and am proud to be part of it....so pleased for Jonty and Art. Yessss!! :woohoo:

It's amazing. :bowdown: I can already see a lot of donors cheering him on at Badminton cross-country next year. The people's horse. :)

#banbestmen

@dcro Help! Apparently there's a world championships going on in the Netherlands at the moment, something about Icelandic Horses, but I have no idea what it is, so, what is it? :d 

http://wk2017.nl/

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

7 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

@dcro Help! Apparently there's a world championships going on in the Netherlands at the moment, something about Icelandic Horses, but I have no idea what it is, so, what is it? :d 

http://wk2017.nl/

First time I hear it. Looks like it's some young horse/preliminary dressage competition, for Icelandic horses of course. :d Though, the intriguing part seems to be that this breed has 5 gaits, instead of usual 3 gaits (walk, trot, canter). They also have tölt and skeið (flying pace). :d

Anyway, before this the only thing I knew about Icelandic horses is that importing all other breeds is banned in Iceland because of them.

#banbestmen

24 minutes ago, dcro said:

First time I hear it. Looks like it's some young horse/preliminary dressage competition, for Icelandic horses of course. :d Though, the intriguing part seems to be that this breed has 5 gaits, instead of usual 3 gaits (walk, trot, canter). They also have tölt and skeið (flying pace). :d

Anyway, before this the only thing I knew about Icelandic horses is that importing all other breeds is banned in Iceland because of them.

Well, trying to write something on a Dutch website about this that makes sense is going to pose a major challenge, so it seems :lol:

I thought there was gallop too for 'normal' horses :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

8 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Well, trying to write something on a Dutch website about this that makes sense is going to pose a major challenge, so it seems :lol:

I thought there was gallop too for 'normal' horses :p 

Gallop is canter. :p

And you can always consult here. :d

#banbestmen

• 2 weeks later...

Burghley Horse Trials will be held this week, starting tomorrow. :) As usual, XC course there has some great segments: Capability's Cutting, Cottesmore Leap, Dairy Farm, Trout Hatchery, Discovery Valley, Leaf Pitt. :hearts: Cottesmore Leap is soooo scary though. :d

u9OutUgvQKurNNRaLx2nKw.png

And the course walk is available here... Interestingly, the whole competition will be streamed on Burghley's Facebook page.

#banbestmen