website statistics

Equestrian 2017 Discussion Thread

dcro

2 hours ago, OlympicIRL said:

Stunning venue :wub:.

Great news about Judy also, I hadn't heard anything :)

It was just held this afternoon. By the way, I see that Anna Merveldt is on the start list for tomorrow's second Grand Prix. Apparently that will be her first competition at this level since 2014 WEG. :)

Oh, and looks like they uploaded the video. Beats any other venue IMO. :d

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

Meanwhile, :LUX Luxembourg jumping team earned a historic 2nd place at their home Nations Cup event. :woot: It was actually the first NC competition in Luxembourg in 25 years, and what a great gift for the home crowd.

I believe that's the first sports event I watched from Luxembourg. It was rather weird to hear all that cheering for :LUX:d

#banbestmen

2 hours ago, dcro said:

It was just held this afternoon. By the way, I see that Anna Merveldt is on the start list for tomorrow's second Grand Prix. Apparently that will be her first competition at this level since 2014 WEG. :)

Oh, and looks like they uploaded the video. Beats any other venue IMO. :d

Thanks for the video, lovely performance from Judy and Vancouver :)

Great news also about Anna.... hopefully we will see more Irish representation in future, Judy is tired waving that flag practically all on her own.

17 hours ago, dcro said:

Perhaps my favourite annual equestrian event of the year started today, CDI Fritzens, Austria. :d These surroundings (especially when sunny)...

Wow, amazing venue :wub: Sadly after years than i follow equestrian (specially jump) i don't know how dressage events works :lol: 

• 2 weeks later...

There is a proposal going around about removing the coefficient that dressage has in eventing, and thus make dressage less influential. There is also an idea for replacing the current penalty system with positive scoring system (aka, person with the most points over the three days is the winner). If accepted, these changes will be introduced in 2018.

Meanwhile, Jonty&Art campaign has raised around 64K in the first 24 hours... Including the pocket money that a 10 year old girl from ireland has sent. Hopefully Jonty will get some help from celebrities, companies and media outlets to make this work.

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

On 13/7/2017 at 23:21, dcro said:

I've done my bit, I hope we can make it a happy ending for Jonty and Art.

Screen Shot 2017-07-14 at 23.25.54.png

CHIO Aachen main events start tomorrow. :woohoo: Wimbledon of equestrian, with full capacity stadiums. :d Here are the entries and results.

Meanwhile, it looks like :MKD Macedonia will likely compete at the European Jumping Championships in Gothenburg this summer! Luka Zaloznik switched allegiance from SLO to MKD last year, and apparently he fulfilled the qualifying criteria. :d

#banbestmen

4 hours ago, dcro said:

CHIO Aachen main events start tomorrow. :woohoo: Wimbledon of equestrian, with full capacity stadiums. :d Here are the entries and results.

Meanwhile, it looks like :MKD Macedonia will likely compete at the European Jumping Championships in Gothenburg this summer! Luka Zaloznik switched allegiance from SLO to MKD last year, and apparently he fulfilled the qualifying criteria. :d

So it's only a naturalizated atlete? :( I hope in an athlete that start equestrian in Macedonia

7 hours ago, Gianlu33 said:

So it's only a naturalizated atlete? :( I hope in an athlete that start equestrian in Macedonia

Well, he seems to be pretty into Macedonia with a helmet like this. :d Maybe he has some family connections.

19148922_1314065878712448_48642364014352

#banbestmen