website statistics

Equestrian 2017 Discussion Thread

dcro

15 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

@dcro what do you think about the startlist of the 2017 Piazza di Siena? Our federation say that it's a big event whit a lot of nice name, but i'm not sure about it.. you can help me?

http://www.piazzadisiena.it/images/documenti/2017_CI_0162_S_S_01_master_list_1.pdf

It's one of the top Nations Cup competitions of the year so there are certainly some big names here. :d France for example has all 4 team members from their Rio Olympic team that won team gold medal. :)

It's cool to see :KSA Dalma Malhas entered. :woot: Medalist at YOG and the best female athlete from Saudi Arabia. :d

#banbestmen

10 minutes ago, dcro said:

It's one of the top Nations Cup competitions of the year so there are certainly some big names here. :d France for example has all 4 team members from their Rio Olympic team that won team gold medal. :)

It's cool to see :KSA Dalma Malhas entered. :woot: Medalist at YOG and the best female athlete from Saudi Arabia. :d

Thanks a lot :hatoff: 

1 hour ago, dcro said:

Olympic show jumping champion :GBR Nick Skelton and his winning horse Big Star have both retired.

Perfect example of how winning Olympic gold made is just the ultimate goal..:bowdown:

He won 2 individual gold medals in major championships.

The European Junior Championships in 1975

Olympic Games in 2016.

He had to wait 41 years...

On 18. 05. 2017. at 22:36, dcro said:

Today there was an opening 3* class, where :DEN Anna Zibrandtsen & Arlando showed some good potential. Denmark is really climbing up the ranks this year. If all goes well, they should be very serious contenders for team medal at this year's Europeans. :) That hasn't been the case for a while now.

Talk about putting jinx on Danish team. :facepalm:

Just a few days after I wrote this Agnete Kirk Thinggaard's top horse got injured and is out for the summer. This puts Denmark back in their usual position. :(

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

A bit of unimportant news. Yesterday I've read the news that Minna Telde's horse Don Charly has passed away at age of 20. :( They didn't have that successful career, only championships appearance came at the 2009 Europeans (where they placed 12th).

However, long before I became dressage enthusiast, I remember watching some videos from 2009 Europeans on youtube. And it was Minna Telde & Don Charly's performance to U2 music that caught my eye. Even though I hardly had an idea what's going on. :p

And the rest is history I'm afraid. :d Now, 6-7 years later I can very much enjoy this performance from the technical aspect too. So I guess it's thank you, Don Charly. :d

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

41 minutes ago, dcro said:

And the rest is history I'm afraid. :d Now, 6-7 years later I can very much enjoy this performance from the technical aspect too. So I guess it's thank you, Don Charly. :d

That's a very nice story and very sad that Don Charly has now passed away. But he left a great legacy by introducing one super fan to the sport who in turn helps to educate the rest of us sports enthusiasts on here :)

47 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

That's a very nice story and very sad that Don Charly has now passed away. But he left a great legacy by introducing one super fan to the sport who in turn helps to educate the rest of us sports enthusiasts on here :)

It's rather impressive that he finished 12th at his first and only championships. Sadly, he never really got into spotlight through some injuries that plagued him afterwards. :( But you're right, he left some legacy indeed.

#banbestmen