website statistics

Equestrian 2017 Discussion Thread

dcro

2 hours ago, dcro said:

That would be cool. :) Mexico has a solid base of small tour riders that do relatively well at regional games, but unfortunately, not many of them make transition to the big tour (Grand Prix) level.

On the other hand, prospects of a Mexican team in eventing are looking more promising after Karen O'Connor became a coach recently. Daniela Moguel improved big time over the last 12 months and can possibly do really well at the upcoming Rolex Kentucky next month (the "US Open" of eventing). Few weeks ago she was 5th at 3* in Florida, which had some big names.

Wow I didn't knew she was being coached by Karen O'Connor... hope Moguel continues to improve and now I'm gonna add her event, to my follow calendar :d

Yesterday we had a bit of black Friday... Both :GER Jessica von Bredow-Werndl and :NED Hans Peter Minderhoud had to pull out from Omaha WC finals just hours before their horses were scheduled to fly. :( It's probably too late for potential replacements.

http://www.eurodressage.com/equestrian/2017/03/25/minderhoud-and-von-bredow-werndl-withdraw-2017-world-cup-finals

#banbestmen

7 hours ago, thepharoah said:

In Jumping, are the 3 finals cumulative ones , or the 3rd is just what matters ? 

It's cumulative. In the first two rounds everybody starts from 0 and they get points for their finishing places (1st gets 38 pts, 2nd 36 pts, 3rd 35 pts, ... , 37th 1 pt). Points will be summed and converted into starting penalties for the third and final round.

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

9 hours ago, dcro said:

It's cumulative. In the first two rounds everybody starts from 0 and they get points for their finishing places (1st gets 38 pts, 2nd 36 pts, 3rd 35 pts, ... , 37th 1 pt). Points will be summed and converted into starting penalties for the third and final round.