website statistics

Equestrian 2017 Discussion Thread

dcro

17 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

That sounds promising. Do you think Vancouver K can keep going for the next Olympics? 

It's hard to say. He will be 18 in 2020, so right on the bubble of the usual retiring age. However, they did start to compete on the highest level when he was 11-12, so later than usual age.

But, like in everything else, age is just a number. Most of all it depends how fit he is by then. I'd say there is overall a very solid chance fot Tokyo. :)

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

3 minutes ago, dcro said:

It's hard to say. He will be 18 in 2020, so right on the bubble of the usual retiring age. However, they did start to compete on the highest level when he was 11-12, so later than usual age.

But, like in everything else, age is just a number. Most of all it depends how fit he is by then. I'd say there is overall a very solid chance fot Tokyo. :)

Thanks for your knowledge, very insightful as always :)

I hope they will be there in Tokyo but it's a long time away yet. I don't see anyone else on the dressage scene here who could step up when Vancouver K retires. It looks like we will have to rely on this combination for the foreseeable future.

On 05.03.2017. at 12:16, OlympicIRL said:

Thanks for your knowledge, very insightful as always :)

I hope they will be there in Tokyo but it's a long time away yet. I don't see anyone else on the dressage scene here who could step up when Vancouver K retires. It looks like we will have to rely on this combination for the foreseeable future.

They've uploaded the video of her winning ride in Dormund. :)

Apart from being stacked with difficult transitions, this freestyle also has some 80s music. :d

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

3 hours ago, dcro said:

They've uploaded the video of her winning ride in Dormund. :)

Apart from being stacked with difficult transitions, this freestyle also has some 80s music. :d

Thanks for the link :yes

Really enjoyed this performance. looked good to my very untrained eye :)

Loved the music :d

Some good news. After making a pathetic decision to remove speed competition as the first round of jumping at the World Equestrian Games, they decided to reinstate it only 3 months later.

http://www.worldofshowjumping.com/en/News/FEI-suggests-to-reinstate-the-Table-C-competition-at-the-World-Equestrian-Games.html

#banbestmen

This weekend we have the last few qualifiers for the WC finals.

Dressage - 's-Hertogenbosch (Western European League)

Dressage - Burbank, California (North American League)

Jumping - Live Oak, Florida (North American East Coast League)

Live Oak qualifier should be the most intriguing one regarding the qualifications for the final. Several US riders will be looking to book their places, but also :GER Heineking and :RUS Kochetova will be looking to secure their tickets for Omaha as extra athletes.

Today we have one of the preliminary classes in Live Oak, which will be livestream here at 21:00 CET.

#banbestmen

:DEN Mai Tofte Olesen is apparently going to Omaha on reallocation, after :GER Fabienne Lutkemeier elected to withdraw. This is so great. :d After this, literally all of my personal favorites who had any chance of qualifying are indeed going to the Finals. :cool:

P.S. It feels like following all those weird Olympic qualifications/invitations that occurred just before Rio... Official entries are yet to be published so I have to rely on some alternative ways to find out who's going and who's not. :d

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

Legendary Brazilian rider Rodrigo Pessoa has been named the new Chef d'Eauipe of Irish Showjumping. Really excited to see what he can bring to the table. Hopefully he can finally bring some consistency from the Irish team who have been underperforming hugely for over a decade. Robert Splaine held that position for far too long in my opinion without merit. Hopefully progress will follow :)

http://www.theirishfield.ie/pessoa-is-new-irish-show-jumping-chef-dequipe-262922/

Edited by OlympicIRL