website statistics

Equestrian 2017 Discussion Thread

dcro

One of the last 3* competitions of the eventing season, short format in Strzegom, will be streamed here starting around 12:30 (the cross-country phase)... Leaderboard is available here. Btw, this should be the first 3* competition in history that has not 1, but 2 Lithuanian riders competing. :cheer:

#banbestmen

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

One of the last 3* competitions of the eventing season, short format in Strzegom, will be streamed here starting around 12:30 (the cross-country phase)... Leaderboard is available here. Btw, this should be the first 3* competition in history that has not 1, but 2 Lithuanian riders competing. :cheer:

I never follow cross country WC events, i just follow the big event of this.. but why the cross country is the final event, usually it's the jumping or not? :mumble:

53 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

I never follow cross country WC events, i just follow the big event of this.. but why the cross country is the final event, usually it's the jumping or not? :mumble:

It's the so called short format competition. Dressage, jumping and 6 minutes cross-country.

Short format competitions are often used as a preparation for the long formats, or for the riders/horses that are making their debut at the 3* level.

#banbestmen

13 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

Could you please tell me more? Equestrian news are scarce in Mexican media

She reached the minimum eligibility requirements at a CCI3* competition in Fair Hill (67 dressage or better, clear jumping and not more than 30 time penalties in XC, not more than 16 jumping penalties in show jumping).

There are not too many opportunities to reach the needed MERs in CCI3*/4* in a season. Moguel for example entered Kentucky 4* in April (eliminated in XC), then re-routed to Jersey Fresh 3* in May (got more then 30 time pens in XC), and now she made it at the end of the season. :)

#banbestmen

3 hours ago, dcro said:

She reached the minimum eligibility requirements at a CCI3* competition in Fair Hill (67 dressage or better, clear jumping and not more than 30 time penalties in XC, not more than 16 jumping penalties in show jumping).

There are not too many opportunities to reach the needed MERs in CCI3*/4* in a season. Moguel for example entered Kentucky 4* in April (eliminated in XC), then re-routed to Jersey Fresh 3* in May (got more then 30 time pens in XC), and now she made it at the end of the season. :)

Thanks for the info.

Great for her then, given that there's null support for this discipline.